Frooze Balls - similar recipe.

gardie, Feb 2, 5:48pm
I saw a recipe on here a couple of weeks ago for fruit balls.They had no 'naughty' extras - the base was dates and they were pretty much dried fruit.I have been searching but can't find it now.I'd say these would be pretty similar to the frooze balls that you can buy in packs of 5 in the shops.I'd like to give them a go if anyone can help.Thanks.

bedazzledjewels, Feb 2, 7:32pm
Here are chocolate fudge balls using fresh dates as the base.
We use them as Paleo treats.
http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2011/06/06/sweet-salty-fudge-bombs/

bedazzledjewels, Feb 2, 7:32pm
x1
Here are chocolate fudge balls using fresh dates as the base. Only dates, nuts, cocoa and coconut.
We use them as Paleo treats.
http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2011/06/06/sweet-salty-fudge-bombs/

elliehen, Feb 2, 8:23pm
x1
They look seriously delicious!Anything with dates in it I save to try out.I have a recipe I must post which has figs and brazils and dates pressed in layers.

bedazzledjewels, Feb 3, 12:34am
Very. My son thinks they could benefit from a slurp of rum.

vintagekitty, Feb 3, 12:48am
yum, im going to try these balls as well. Love dates and pecans

not keen on the sea salt though, will stick to coconut!

bedazzledjewels, Feb 3, 1:04am
Just do a couple with sea salt on the top without the coconut. Quite nice. But mostly I roll mine in coconut.
A tip - wizz your nuts to desired fineness first and put aside while you wizz the rest, then mix them in at the end. Also I roll the mixture into a long sausage in cling film and refrigerate for a while to firm it up. Just cut into 20 even discs and roll each into a ball in coconut. Also I freeze them.

lindylambchops1, Feb 3, 1:13am
Rich Fruit Truffles Makes 24 approx
1 cup dates
1 cup raisins
1 cup walnut pieces
2 T cocoa
1 T butter
1 1/2 T coconut
1 t vanilla essence
extra coconut for coating
Process to sticky crumbs.Wet hands.Make 24 balls & roll each one in coconut.Refrigerate.
I make these often & make my own variations.
We love them!

gardie, Feb 3, 4:57am
Thanks - these recipes sound great.Going to try lindys one without the butter and see how they go.Hopefully the stickiness of the fruit will do the trick.Going to have to get some nice cocoa for the first one too.