Blue cheese sauce/pizza topping

baalamb, Jan 31, 5:50pm
Years ago we had a gourmet pizza - chicken with a blue cheese sauce. I currently have some blue cheese in the fridge that is far too strong - put a small amount in a salad and even for us it was far too overpowering. I'm wondering if by using a small amount in a sauce I could limit the strength of it. Any ideas where to start! Was wondering about making a 'basic' cheese sauce, substituting blue cheese.what do others think!

lyl_guy, Jan 31, 7:58pm
I have a recipe somewhere for a simple blue cheese sauce. it's just blue cheese gently melted with creme fraiche.But yes, you can make a blue cheese sauce like a basic cheese sauce, have used that before in a broccoli/ cauli gratin.

jwalkerno1, Jan 31, 9:45pm
I agree with the above you can definitely make a blue cheese sauce, how ever you do not want to make it with just blue cheese or it will be too strong again.Instead make it with a little blue and use a colby or other mild cheese to make up the rest.

Or you can use a little blue, creme fraiche, honey, and chopped walnuts, mix together set in mold and use with crackers, or apple slices. Very tasty.