Corn on the Cob

jofes, Jan 30, 10:53pm
Can you cook this on a Barbacue !

wheelz, Jan 30, 11:00pm
yes,I leave mine in the husks, and make sure you turn it while its cooking

jofes, Jan 30, 11:01pm
Thanks for that. I will try it :)

lodgelocum, Jan 30, 11:42pm
Yes definitely, either as wheelz says or remove husks and wrap in tinfoil.

winnie54, Jan 30, 11:45pm
And it is divine.can do it in the microwave in the skin too.easy

twindizzy, Jan 31, 12:09am
Chili, lime, butter and salt in tin foil !

dreamers, Jan 31, 3:55am
Love it done in the microwave.so tender.

fisher, Jan 31, 5:42am
Smothering corn with butter and salt is the traditional way of serving corn on the cob. Instead, try squeezing on fresh lemon or lime juice or brush with olive oil and sprinkle on your favourite dried herb blend.
Fresh herbs, dried herbs and spices used to enhance the flavour of corn are ~
thyme ~ paprika ~ chives ~ lemon balm ~ chervil.
Garlic salt also creates a nice flavour boost as well as freshly ground black pepper.
Here's one way.
Wrap in foil with salt, ground black pepper and slivers of butter.roll/turn and cook 4 sides and when ready to serve, remove from foil and onto grill for a minute or so, turning over once .

fisher, Jan 31, 5:42am
Smothering corn with butter and salt is the traditional way of serving corn on the cob. Instead, try squeezing on fresh lemon or lime juice or brush with olive oil and sprinkle on your favourite dried herb blend.
Fresh herbs, dried herbs and spices used to enhance the flavour of corn are ~
thyme ~ paprika ~ chives ~ lemon balm ~ chervil.
Garlic salt also creates a nice flavour boost as well as freshly ground black pepper.
Here's one way.
Wrap in foil with salt, ground black pepper and slivers of butter.roll/turn and cook 4 sides and when ready to serve, remove from foil and onto grill for a minute or so, turning over once . serve. more butter of course.:}

mss2006, Jan 31, 6:04am
Also chuck them in the oven with the skins on if you are using the over.Saves power and another pot.

mss2006, Jan 31, 6:04am
Also chuck them in the oven with the skins on if you are using the oven.Saves power and another pot.

ruby19, Jan 31, 6:50pm
Jamie oliver had a good idea, recipe cook corn on bbq until outside husks charred, remove husks cook corn alittle longer on bbq until lightly charred the coat with butter spices and a fine dusting of grated cheese. Looked good on his web site.

enzu, Jan 31, 6:56pm

lynja, Feb 1, 5:11am
thanks enzu. I tried cooking corn recently in the microwave and it was hardpeeling it when it was SO hot. wonderful to see how to do it properly.

sarahb5, Feb 1, 10:55pm
I peel my corn cobs and wrap them in Gladwrap before microwaving them then "char" them on the BBQ - kids love them, I don't

uli, Feb 1, 11:00pm
Best way to eat corn in my opinion :)