Opinions on Nigellas recipe

market1, Jan 7, 12:14am
Saw one the other nite, chicken thighs(skin on) in the oven with chorizo and roast potatoes, cant remember if she seasoned the oil with paprika, baked at 200 degrees for one hour which I thought was a lot.

jayimu, Jan 7, 12:28am
If that's the Spanish chicken with chorizo and potatoes, I've made it several times and an hour has been right.

davidt4, Jan 7, 12:31am
One hour sounds right to me for decent sized chicken thighs bone in.That recipe sounds great - I might make it for dinner tonight!

Many people remark on errors in Nigella's recipes but I've never had a failure, and I think her palate is very good and her flavour combinations work well.

market1, Jan 7, 12:33am
Can someone remind me of the oil with bits, garlic and paprika!

jayimu, Jan 7, 12:37am
It uses regular olive oil, dried oregano and grated orange zest.

market1, Jan 7, 12:39am
Thats right orange zest.

griffo4, Jan 7, 2:32am
Would someone be kind enough to post the recipe or a link please

davidt4, Jan 7, 5:54am
I found it on the net by googling Nigella Chicken & Chorizo and I have it in the oven right now.Here it is :

Spanish Chicken with Chorizo (Nigella Lawson)

• 2 x 15ml tablespoons regular olive oil
• 12 chicken thighs (bone in, with skin)
• 750g chorizo sausages, whole if baby ones, or cut into 4cm chunks if regular-sized
• 1kg new potatoes, halved
• 2 red onions, peeled and roughly chopped
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• grated zest 1 orange

Serves: 6

1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7. Put the oil in the bottom of 2 shallow roasting tins, 1 tablespoon in each. Rub the skin of the chicken in the oil, then turn skin-side up, 6 pieces in each tin.
2. Divide the chorizo sausages and the new potatoes between the 2 tins. Sprinkle the onion and the oregano over, then grate the orange zest over the contents of the 2 tins.
3. Cook for 1 hour, but after 30 minutes, swap the top tray with the bottom tray in the oven and baste the contents with the orange-coloured juices.

griffo4, Jan 7, 6:22am
Thank you davidt4 that sounds really nice and it is always nice to have some different way of cooking chicken as l find it a bit bland without doing something to it

market1, Jan 7, 6:27am
Just put it all in the oven ozzie time.

market1, Jan 22, 8:30am
I now recommend because the chorizo is cooked to sheild it from the heat, either tuck it under the chicken( this works well as it forms parts of the chicken piece) or place the spuds on it.

brummoi, May 13, 3:40am
Any thoughts on adding halved tomatoes or cherry toms to this mix! Would the whole hour be too much - maybe last 30 mins only! Thanks

brummoi, May 13, 3:48am
Also, should I adjust the cooking time if using boneless chicken thighs!

davidt4, May 13, 6:08am
I think cherry tomatoes would be a good addition.Maybe cook it at a slightly higher temperature to evaporate the juices.

Boneless thighs will take a shorter time and are more likely to dry out than bone-in thighs.

brummoi, May 13, 6:54am
Thanks David. I went with halvedordinary toms and kept the thighs together as if not boned. All very good and even eaten by the kids!

duckmoon, May 13, 7:18am
Nigella has a great website.

I love her recipes