New kenwood mixer and I can't remove the bowl

gardie, Dec 31, 5:57pm
I see the red ones have a 400W motor while the standard model has an 800w one.There seems to be another one that is 600W which is cheaper than the red one - but perhaps not so flash.Maybe you'd like to do a swap.I'm wondering if the red one is a bit "flasher" and so has a higher price tag (metal body).noel leeming website was very helpful.

allspices, Dec 31, 6:54pm
Molly37 the beater may need adjustment to just clear the bottom of the bowl. get some help from the manual.

chebat, Dec 31, 6:49am
Got a new mixer today, just wiped the bowl out before I used it, I've now used it and I can't remove the bowl.

fairtrader10, Dec 31, 7:11am
Hi, if it's a 'stand-type' mixer, try twisting the bowl anti-clockwise - it sort of locks into place by turning clockwise. Also try pouring some boiling water into the bowl to free it up . good luck! I have a Kenwood which I love and once you get the hang of it, you'll enjoy using it I'm sure.

chebat, Dec 31, 7:20am
Cool thanks will try that, it's a kenwood chef, love it already ;)

molly37, Dec 31, 7:44am
I got the new red kenwood for xmas, a little disappointed it doesnt go very fast, nor reach the sides well or the bottom. however its better than holding my old 25 yr old handmixer I got as a wedding present!

shop-a-holic, Dec 31, 8:53am
Use the return cards; receipt or exercise your Consumer Guarantees Act; and of course, right of return.
Most retailers will do this without fail; especially as purchased for a Christmas gift.

chebat, Dec 31, 9:35am
All good just took a bit of a tap on the side of the bowl and a good tug anti clockwise and it was removed, I guess it's just sticking cause its new. Sorry u disappointed with yours molly37 I've just made dough and was very happy with mine beats the old hand mixer anyday :)

shop-a-holic, Jan 1, 8:53am
Use the return cards; receipt or exercise your Consumer Guarantees Act; and of course, right of return.
Most retailers will do this without fail; especially as purchased for a Christmas gift.
I don't mean this in a negative way; but there can be items purchased for gifts which can still have something primary wrong with them.