Kenwood attachments

paynta1, May 20, 9:04am
where would I buy a liquidizer/blender for a 20 year old mixer, besides trademe, can you buy them new maybe model KM201

uli, May 20, 9:06am
No - you cannot buy them new anymore. I tried some years ago to buy a new attachment for mine (which is also approx. 20 years old) and the newer attachments do not fit the old machines.

paynta1, May 20, 9:12am
oh darn, never ever realised yoyu could put a blender on it, how dum of me, now I want one. . oh well I shall keep looking on trademe

marob2, May 20, 9:53am
Try Saxon Appliances in Chch. Bought a new beater attachment for my 45+yearsmachine a couple of years ago. It helped that I still had the manual and was able to quote part number. Best of luck.

paynta1, May 20, 10:11am
Thanks I will try them

bernice1, May 20, 12:24pm
If you go to either www.kenwoodchefrestore.co. uk orhttp://www.kenwoodchefspares.co. uk/ and click on the downloads, they have a list of all kenwoods and parts and which attachment fits which machine.

dollydot, May 20, 10:28pm
We've just had to get rid of our 20 yr old Kenwood food processor as apart from being noisy now as something was wearing out it started to smell hot so was about to die. We have bought a new Kenwood food processor very similar but easier to clean. The blender/liquidizer was still in perfect cond but no use to us, wish I still had it and if it fitted your model you would be welcome to have it. We sent the lot to Trash Palace (the shop attached to the local tip) where you can find parts for things like this. Great for microwave turntables when they break.

It might be easier to buy a separate blender eg to do soups, smoothies etc. We did that when Briscoes have their 50% off days. The kids find it easier to just get that out to do their smoothies instead of the Kenwood which I will use for everything else. A good idea to use your fly buy points too if you have those.

lilyfield, May 24, 6:48pm
A separate blender is actually a lot cheaper than the kenwood ones. I went through the exercisea few years back. And don't even LOOK at the price of mincer-