Sweetcorn Fritter recipe needed

skeldpostie, Mar 30, 8:43pm
Do any of you lovely people have an easy sweetcorn recipe.
Want to cook my beeter half, sweetcorn Fritters for dinner, with Thai sweet chilli sauce and sour cream. Bacon on the side.
Thanx in advance

margyr, Mar 30, 9:41pm
hi, if you look to the left there is a search box, in keyword type sweetcorn fritters, click on the drop down by where it says date posted and click on anytime, then click on search, loads in there, good luck, I love corn fritters.

vintagekitty, Mar 30, 11:10pm
This is the easiest, nicest one I use. I find the ones that use more flour make them "gluggy"

1x 410gm Can of Cream style Sweet corn
1 egg Beaten
3 Tbspn Flour
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Tbspn Baking Powder

Combine the sweet corn, Egg beaten, Salt & Pepper. Sift in flour Baking Powder. Gradually stir well. Cook in tablespoon size fitters. Fry in Butter or oil until Golden

cookessentials, Mar 30, 11:16pm
Sweetcorn Fritters With Rocket Salad

1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 cup (250ml) milk
2 eggs, beaten lightly
2 cups (330g) corn kernels (fresh, canned or frozen)
4 green onions (green shallots), chopped finely

Tomato chilli sauce
425g can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/3 cup (80ml) sweet chilli sauce
2 tablespoons malt vinegar

Rocket salad
100g baby rocket leaves
1 medium (250g) avocado, sliced
1 medium (170g) red onion, sliced
¼ cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil

Tomato chilli sauce
Combine all ingredients in a medium pan; bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.

Meanwhile, sift flour and soda into a medium bowl. Make a well in the centre of flour mixture; gradually whisk in combined milk and egg until batter is smooth. Stir in corn and onion.

Pour ¼ cups of the batter onto heated oiled non-stick frying pan; using spatula, spread batter into rounds. Cook, uncovered, until fritters are browned lightly on both sides and cooked through, remove from pan; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.

Rocket salad
Meanwhile, place rocket, avocado, onion and combined vinegar, oil and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
5 Serve corn fritters with Rocket Salad and Tomato Chilli Sauce.

dilligaf_dah, Mar 31, 1:57am
1 sweet corn creamcan
3 egs
duced bacon to suit
salt and pepper to taste
mix and fr in spoonfuls

easy and quick and real yummy. you can add anything to it onions etc what ever you fancy.

ange164, Mar 31, 2:14am
my trick: heat the corn in the microwave before adding it to the mix. It helps to cook the mix all the way through before the outside burns.
Second tip: they're not ment to be a low fat thing - fry 'em up in at least 5ml of oil or fat fairly hot (a little over half way on my stove top. ) (I usea cast iron pan too. ) Definately only a treat food when done like this.

horse30, Mar 31, 2:56am
Hi there, X2 tins creamed sweetcorn, 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons B. powder, salt, 2 eggs, onion diced mixed veges, meat or bacon or ham or what have u, mix the whole lot together, add grated cheese if you want but I dont, if mix to tight add little milk, cook in oil in frypan and yeah yummy fritters big hit in my family cheers enjoy

eastie3, Mar 31, 3:23am
Apart from not using too much flour, another way of keeping corn fritters light is to separate the eggs and beat the whites before folding into the batter. Have the oil hot enough too.

senj, Mar 31, 3:30am
put some minced bacon into any of the above recipes and see how that goes. My dear old mums recipe and it was made special with the bacon, home made of course as her Dad used to make it, but I guess that shop bought or some butchers do have some of their own made bacon for sale in their shops will do the job nearly as well.
And do have some more bacon on the side, grilled to make it crispy of course.

rog.e, May 2, 7:00am
My meal tonight.

A little bit cooler so it is fritters for me.

I am adding chopped roasted chicken to the basic recipe.

V

andrea1978, Mar 27, 2:15am
Make them however you want but I found adding cumin, finely chopped onion, ham, some kaitaia fire, chopped parsley, plenty of s&p and whatever else you want makes them extra good!