Nu Wave or Ezi Cook????

willow123, Mar 30, 9:09am
Am thinking of buying one of these bench top cookers but am unsure which to buy.
Anyone got one of these - what's your preference and why?

jlo19, Apr 1, 2:47am
where r all the 'experts' on these. I would like to know their thoughts too.

buzzy110, Apr 1, 5:31am
I am an expert on Easy Cook and I'm just fed up with repeating myself. Last few times I did it the thread starters never even bothered to come back and acknowledge my effort. Try doing an anytime search. You'll probably find what you are looking for.

nauru, Apr 3, 9:08am
I have had one of these ovens for over 10 years and use it most days. I never use my main oven anymore as there is just the two of us. You can cook and bake everything in it. It cooks much quicker than a conventional oven and I cook most things at a lower temperature too.
The easy cook is half the price of nu wave @ $200. You can also get a cheaper model from countdown or woolies for around $90, this does the same job.

jlo19, Apr 3, 8:35pm
Thank you Nauru for your help. Think I will go for the Easy Cook.

carolann4, Apr 3, 8:49pm
I've got a new wave oven and use it just about every day. It's great

hotandcold13, Apr 4, 11:02pm
Are they cheaper to use than the oven. power wise?

willow123, Apr 5, 1:37am
Thanks foryour help

nauru, Apr 5, 7:45am
Much cheaper as they are only between 1300 and 1440 watts, depending on the model. They cook much quicker than a regular oven and I find that I need to use a lower temperature too. Definitely made a difference to our power bill.

hotandcold13, Apr 5, 8:03pm
There are only 2 of us and thought one of these would be ok for us. Seems a waste to use the oven all the time.

illusion_, Apr 5, 10:30pm
cheaper to run because they are a lot smaller than an oven

use lower temps because in effect they are a "fan-bake"

good if you want another gadget to sit on your kitchen bench (I dont)

nauru, Apr 6, 4:45am
There are only the two of us too which was the main reason that I bought mine all those years ago. IMO I think that they are well worth the investment and wouldn't be without mine now, it's also self cleaning too so no messy oven to clean.

willow123, Apr 6, 8:57am
nauru wrote:
There are only the two of us too which was the main reason that I bought mine all those years ago. IMO I think that they are well worth the investment and wouldn't be without mine now, it's also self cleaning too so no messy oven to clean. [/quote
That's why I'm thinking of buying one because there are just 2 of us at home now - which brand would you recommend? I saw an infomercial on TV for a Thermowave, hadn't heard of that one before

neil_di, Apr 6, 7:21pm
use my easycook(well it's the CD cheapo cos my old EC died from overuse) most days. It is a real powersaver. . a lot of my family have EC(cheapo) too and they all like theirs. It is even more used than my slow cooker.

nauru, Apr 7, 4:34am
Yep, I agree, My neighbour has one of the CD ones and it is just as good as mine. They are also half the price of the EC too.

hotandcold13, Apr 7, 11:36pm
Went and brought a Easy Cook on Wed.
Had a Roast of pork last night and its was so tender , well worth the money.
Cost me $99. 99 from Woolworths. Going to try baking in it over the weekend.
Thanks all.

lindylambchops1, Apr 8, 6:57am
What does the Easy Cook from Woolworths look like? I am currently looking at a Convection Oven Cookers Delight 1400 watt 12 litre Multipower cooker which bakes, cooks, steams, etc if Woolworth's have something similar that is an excellent price. Any info would be greatly appreciated. TIA

nauru, Apr 8, 9:23am
Look at listing 281519123. It is the same oven

lindylambchops1, Apr 8, 9:36am
Nauru thanks have looked at listing but they do not give any information. Would it be suitable for a family of four? Do you own one? What do you cook in yours? TIA

lindylambchops1, Apr 8, 9:54am
Please let us know what you are cooking in your Easy Cooker and how it is going. Am just looking at buying one but can't decide between CD or EC or Woolworth's Home Brand! Any advice would be much appreciated. TIA

nauru, Jan 27, 10:10am
I have had one of these ovens for over 10 years and use it most days. I never use my main oven anymore as there is just the two of us and yes it would be big enough for 4. You can cook and bake everything in it. It cooks much quicker than a conventional oven and I find that I can cook most things at a lower temperature too as it is a fan oven.
You can also get a cheaper model from countdown or woolies for around $90, this does the same job. My neighbour has that one and it is just as good as the EC model.
The easy cook is half the price of Nu-wave @ $200 but the Nu-wave has other functions, hence the price tag. I'm not familiar with that one but some others on here have them and may be able to advise.