A good TRIFLE recipe

tattsnsteel, Dec 21, 7:30am
iv never made one, whats a good recipe

sunshine78, Dec 21, 7:46am
Use the search box to the left. There's some yummy ones there

scout_6001, Dec 21, 7:50am
I made a Black Forest Trifle on Sunday, was the best I have made.I got the recipe from here.

harrislucinda, Dec 21, 7:51am
theplainkindislinethedishwithspongespreadwith raspberryjamputinanytinfruitandmakeacustardnottoothickpouroversetinfridgethenspreadwith whippedcream
thereisfancytypelikeiammakinglinedish withspongespreadwithlemoncurdthecustardismadefrom500 mlscream and120 gmssugarboilthatslowthencoolpouroverthespongesetThereareoneswithjellyin thebottomwhatwouldyoulike

purplegoanna, Dec 21, 8:27am
mines alternate layers of chantillly cream,custard, fresh and canned drained diced strawberrys, black berries and rasberrys along with diced sponge spread with jam on onside before you cut it.

fallenangel2107, Dec 21, 7:49pm
Trifle sponge soaked in port and Brandy. Then pour over can of boysonberries. Add packet of raspberry jelly dissolved in 2 cups boiling water. Let set overnight. Make Blamange (english custard type stuff). Let set. Cover with cream and strawberries.yummo !

nzhel, Dec 21, 10:58pm
Our family favorite which we all love and all make is very simple:
Almond & Sherry Trifle.
Trifle sponge, red jam - we always use plum for the flavour, sherry,home made custard, whipped cream and slivered almonds.
Cut the sponge thru ways or sandwich two together with a good layer of jam. Cut into small squares nothing too precise but about 2.5cms square. Arrange pieces tightly together around dish. Sprinkle with a reasonably generous amount of sherry.
Custard: pint of milk (old recipe!)600mls, it needs to be whole milk (blue), 2 eggs beaten with a teaspoon of vanilla or almond essence, 1 rounded tablespoon sugar, 5 tablespoons cornflour.
Mix a little of the milk with the cornflour and heat the rest in a double boiler until bubbles start to form just around edges. Remove from heat and whisk in cornflour mixture. Place back on heat and stir for a few minutes to thicken. Using an electric beater slowly add beaten eggs and essence. Cook again stirring to thicken. Remove custard from heat and leave to cool with lid on pot.I usually stir it every now and then to stop a skin from forming on top. When cool pour over sponge. Decorate with whipped cream and sprinkle with slivered almonds.
You may want to add a little more sugar but we find the custard sweet enough when eaten together with the sponge part of the trifle.
This can be made the night before with the whipped cream being put on the day it is to be served.

2bakerz, Dec 22, 1:25am
This is really a question re trifle.can I use Cherry Brandy instead of sherry, as I don't really want to buy a bottle just for the trifle, and I have some Cherry Brandy on hand.

harrislucinda, Dec 22, 3:26am
anweredyouonother threadyescanuseanybooze

kulkkulbelle, Dec 22, 5:03am
I love three trifles and vary them Xmas to Xmas

#Black Forest - Bottled Cherries, Cherry liquer, Chocolate sponge and homemade chocolate custard and the usual cream.(spectacular)

#Liminocello and Strawberry - Limonocello liqueur, lemon curd, strawberries, Madeira cake and cream (medium easy)

# Ginger (ginger wine),and Passionfruit trifle - google Nigella's one - a five minute job.(easiest) http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=lgPvpdEQNnQ

This year I'm doing the ginger one as we're having a lemon curd pavlova.