Brownie disaster :(

puggy13, Dec 18, 5:22am
So I was trying to make these today http://media-cdn.pinterest.com/upload/83809243035236705_o9Phvtw3_c.jpg I found a brownie recipe and followed the directions to the letter. When I went to take the brownie out of the pan I discovered it was still uncooked so I whacked it back in to the oven but it is in no shape to make the xmas hats with.
My question is.What can I do with the brownie! I thought about getting some vanilla ice cream and mixing bits of it through the ice cream. Any other ideas!

charlieb2, Dec 18, 5:25am
use it for a trifle instead of sponge!

puggy13, Dec 18, 5:28am
someone else is making trifle :(

chooky, Dec 18, 5:33am
They are lovely, would love that recipe. Thanks.

charlieb2, Dec 18, 5:48am
I wonder if you could use it to make something like Jamie oliver made on his Christmas show last night.I'm sure I saw someone post a recipe from there earlier. I'll see if I can find it.He used panacotta I think. someone with a little more expertise might be able to say if you could use brownie.
hang on I'll see if I can find the link

charlieb2, Dec 18, 5:49am
Here it is. wonder if you could figure out a way to do this sort of thing!

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pastry-cake/winter-pudding-bombe

puggy13, Dec 18, 6:19am
There wasnt a recipe attached to the pic so I just used the first one I found when I did a google search (that could have been my mistake) I think a moist choc cake recipe would be better that way it wont sink and you can test it to see if its cooked easier

elliehen, Dec 18, 6:25am
Brownies are supposed to be fudgy in the middle, but because they sink in the middle and are higher at the edges, I think it would be quite hard to make neat cut-out hats.

dancewest, Dec 18, 7:07am
Im making those. But simple cupcakes (choc now I have figured out what went wrong last time with mine) and taking them out of the cases which gives them that shape. I never even thought of brownie to do them with

kinna54, Dec 18, 7:17am
Oh those look so cool. Just a thought as I haven't made these before but what about using an eggless choc cake recipe. I have a lovely one that I use for gateaus, it is moist but firm. reckon that could work.wouldn't have a fudgy centre tho.
See how I go for time and how the old hands hold up.may give it a go!

elliehen, Dec 18, 7:40am
Cupcakes is a good idea.Hats made in mini-muffin pans would end up a good size and you'd get lots more.

tipsy_bl0nde, Dec 19, 3:39am

tipsy_bl0nde, Dec 19, 3:40am
i thought the toppings were just cream wow lol

bisloy, Dec 19, 8:38am
Use a cookie cutter or cut shapes out of the brownie and stack them glueing them together with dark chocolate ganache, pour over some melted white chocolate and pop a ribbon and some mint leaves on top, OR cut different size squares and make mini Xmas trees, as above and stick a jaffa silver balls and hundreds and thousands on it - voila!