Potato and Egg - A Layered Salad

kaylol, Dec 14, 5:35am
I remember years ago having a Potato and Egg Salad was really easy to make too Alas I have lost the Ingredient List - Does anyone have it to share with me !

cookessentials, Dec 14, 6:28am
Is it the one with a layer of peas! If it is, my Mum has it.

korbo, Dec 14, 6:40am
sounds very tasty.

kaylol, Dec 15, 2:28am
I dont remember if it had peas in it but sounds great :)
I think it had a cheese sauce ! Gosh its been so long

taurushat, Dec 15, 9:09pm

twinkle8, Dec 16, 9:51am
Do you mean Oakhill potatoes! this recipe as been around for years
Oakhill Potatoes Preheat Oven to 180C
Ingredients:
4 to 5 medium potatoes, peeled & diced 1/2 tsp salt 3 tsp butter 2 tbsp flour salt and pepper 2 cups milk 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
1 chopped onion 3 tbsp dried bread crumbs 1/2 cup grated cheese 1/2 cup pre-cooked bacon bits.
Method:
Place potatoes in large saucepan with cold water. Add 1/2 tsp salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook 20 mins until potatoes are tender, drain; reserve.
On low, melt 2 tbsp butter in medium saucepan. Add flour, salt, and pepper; cook until bubbly. Add milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Let cool a little.
Add the raw onion, and grated cheese and return to low heat and mix till cheese just melts.
Layer potatoes, in lightly greased casserole. Layer sliced hard-boiled eggs, little salt and pepper. Spread pre cooked bacon pieces over top.
Sprinkle very finely chopped parley on top. (optional) Add cheese sauce mix over the top. Melt remaining 1 tbsp butter and add bread crumbs; mixing well.
Sprinkle buttered crumbs over casserole. Bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes

gerry64, Dec 17, 12:36am
taurushat - that sounds interesting and reading the comments at the bottom of the recipe I am going to give it a tray

taurushat, Dec 17, 4:23am
I thought it was easier put link up.This exactly the same recipe I use to make.