What do you cook when you cant be bothered!

gboysmum, Dec 14, 4:03am
hungry and lazy. i want something quick easy and yum

elliehen, Dec 14, 4:05am
Omelette or frittata.

gboysmum, Dec 14, 4:06am
not in the mood for eggs. thanks though

ramblerrebel304, Dec 14, 4:07am
bakedbeans and avo on toast mmm

gboysmum, Dec 14, 4:09am
yuck baked beans. Im thinking some kind of pasta thing.

elliehen, Dec 14, 4:19am
Any pesto or dip in the house!You can stir a basil pesto through plain pasta.What about a toasted sammie!

akjg, Dec 14, 4:30am
tuna and pasta is my quick and easy standby and exactly what we're having tonight! Had sick, clingy daughter home all day and forgot to take anything out to cook, argh!

kinna54, Dec 14, 4:30am
frankfurter in a bun. 2 min noodles, mac cheese, cheese on toast, or just a sliced tomato on toast

konini2, Dec 14, 4:47am
Nothing!

buzzy110, Dec 14, 4:52am
Just gird your loins, pull up your socks, get off your butt (and many other cliches) and get to work in the kitchen cooking a proper meal with fresh vegetables and some meat or whatever. Make a nice sauce to slather your meal in. Once you sit down to eat it you'll be very, very happy. That has always been my experience, anyway.

Simple meals that take no effort at all include steak, onion and fresh steamed vegetables with a mushroom sauce. Chicken stuffed under the skin and in the cavity with slices of salted lemon, thrown in an oven bag and roasted for 1-1½ hours along with some baking vege, steamed fresh vegetables and sauce made from the lemony flavoured juice that comes out of the chicken during cooking. Yum. I don't eat these but they are easy - Scalloped potatoes - (par boiled is best imo) sliced and layered with grated cheeses (sharp and cheddar mixed) and seasoning, drowned in milk or cream, dotted with butter and baked for3/4 - 1 hour at 180C. Stirfried vegetables and meat. This last is my quickest favourite.

rainrain1, Dec 14, 4:59am
Poached eggs on toast with tomato or black sauce, and a slice of microwaved bacon.It is a favourite meal

connor2003, Dec 14, 5:00am
My favorite is 2 minute noodles after they've been cooked and toss in a tin of tuna (or salmon if you prefer), add a bit of seasoning and enjoy.

iman007, Dec 14, 5:03am
mackkas or a curry (takeaway) bhajees and butter chicken with rhaita,yum

accroul, Dec 14, 5:12am
When I can't be bothered, I take a tray of chicken nibble pieces out and a pkt of sausage rolls out of the freezer, slap them both in the oven until cooked. I get the chicken, DH DD & DS get the sausage rolls & we're all happy. If there's no sausage rolls, they get american hotdogs. If I REALLY can't be !@#$%, they get chips/potato fritters & I have beef blackbean(takeaway) but that's not often.

sarahb5, Dec 14, 5:12am
Spag bol made with bought pasta sauce - OMG I'm going straight to cheap, carb-overloaded food hell .

gboysmum, Dec 14, 5:16am
OK its decided! mr 2 and i are having pasta with sundried tomato pesto, beef and cheese sausages and broccoli and carrots. Now to cook it.

lee6688, Dec 14, 5:21am
Dolmio sauce, extra garlic with pasta, yum.

rainrain1, Dec 14, 5:27am
your can't be bothereds are far more strenuous than mine