Does anyone have the recipe for Christmas cake

chab, Dec 13, 1:41am
made with orange juice, packet of mixed fruit and flour can't remember what else,many thanks

alig65, Dec 13, 4:19am
Sounds like a Jo Seagar recipie from last years Aussie Womans Weekly

mums.toys, Dec 13, 4:23am
edmonds gingerale fruitcake recipe is great made with fruit juice i always add a couple spoonfuls of custard powder makes it extra moist and tasty

alig65, Dec 13, 4:36am
x2
1 cup Orange juice
250 g Butter
1 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar
1 Kg Mixed Fruit
1/2 c (1 pkt) each Red, Green Cherries and Mixed Citrus Peel (if liked)
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Mixed Spice
1 tsp Ground Cloves
1 x 400g can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/2 c Orange Liqueur (or Cointreau, Grand Marriner or Brandy)
2 1/2 c Self Raising Flour
1 c nuts, blanched Almonds, Walnuts or Pecans
Preheat oven to 150oC. Line base of 23cm square spring-form pan with non-stick Baking Paper (I also line sides) or grease
Place the Juice, butter, cider vinegar, mixed fruit, cherries and peel in a large saucepan and bring to boil. Remove from heat and stir in the spices, cond milk, soda and vanilla. Add half (1/4 cup) of the liqueur and the self raising flour. Mix well. Add the nuts. (I like to cool fruit mix first)
Transfer the mix to prepared tin and smooth surface (Decorate top with blanched Almonds if liked)
Bake for 1 hr then turn down to 140oC and bake further 1 1/2 hrs until firm in the centre and deep golden brown.
Remove from oven and pour over remaining 1/4 c of liqueur.
Cool in the tin then unclip the sides and remove the cake.
Wrap in paper and foil and store in a cool place. This cake can also be eaten straight away or frozen.
Hope this helps, enjoy.

margyr, Dec 13, 6:44am
this one!
I think that it's a great recipe.so here it is again for those of you who wish to make it, Posted by darlingmole

1kg dried fruit (of your choice)
2 C orange juice OR 2 C strong black coffee (soak overnight)

Next day stir in
2 C flour
4 t Baking powder
1 t spice (or your choice; mixed or cinnamon!)
Pour into a greased tin and cook @ 180 deg C for 1-1/2hrs.
Turns out moist and freezes well.
ps: somepeople like the dried fruit soaked in sherry but I think that's a blatant waste of alcohol haha!

nauru (109 )8:31 pm, Mon 20 Dec #10