Who else is opting out

Page 5 / 8
esther-anne, Dec 9, 9:32am
thank you to my two favourite ladies.I love Gibran ellie - how can one soul contain so much wisdom!

I deleted because I realised thankfully it was so unfair to cast gloom on this positive thread.I have no right to dispense my own sorrow to others!

nfh1, Dec 9, 9:43am
I was not overly positive e-a, and to be honest I never thought at 55 I would be missing my Mum and Dad - funny old world sometimes.Take care.

esther-anne, Dec 9, 10:38am
I miss my Mum terribly too-and you willalso be thinkingof your lovely canine baby no doubt . RIP Shadow. xxxxxLife is a puzzle sometimes and we have to learn something from it somehow.

Everyone-I am so very sorry I have put a stop to this thread I do hope someone will pick it up and run with it again!

elliehen, Dec 9, 10:42am
It's just that the early morning people have all gone to bed.

Only the owls still around ;)

pickles7, Dec 9, 8:15pm
The greatest of all faults is to be conscious of none.

nfh1, Dec 9, 8:52pm
Yes I am - a difficult time - but as you say on to brighter things.off to buy a Christmas present for my husband today, if only I could think of something!

somethingsexy, Dec 9, 11:03pm
Were having a BBQ and doing outside stuff with the kids as the youngest of 5 I have many nephews and nieces so its all about them slip n slide pony rides (for the non farm kids) water fights that kinda thing and we all camp out at my place the night before (my sections over and acre) my moms canadian so there will still be some christmassy foods but were just trying to make xmas fun again

books4nz, Dec 10, 3:04am
Pickles, pickles, a helpful comment!

buzzy110, Dec 10, 3:12am
For the man who has everything why not buy yourselves something jointly. We don't do Christmas presents so have basically opted out of the consumerisim of Christmas. However, we do buy one work of art together, for both our enjoyments, every year and make special efforts to go to places where we can view suitable pieces and then make a joint decision.

In the early days we could only afford cheap 'art' and so we do have some fairly ordinary art but as the years have gone by our finances and tastes have improved. It is amazing seeing the proof of that growth stuck on our walls, shelves and in the garden.

Also we help struggling artists to continue producing beautiful work.

davidt4, Dec 10, 3:15am
Not many by the looks of it.Interesting that this thread has gone more off topic than any other one I can think of.The defensiveness on the part ofopters-in is also interesting.

books4nz, Dec 10, 3:24am
davidt4 wrote:
Not many by the looks of it.Interesting that this thread has gone more off topic than any other one I can think of.The defensiveness on the part ofopters-in is also interesting.[

davidt4, davidt4 - a helpful comment!, maybe even,a bit-OT

elliehen, Dec 10, 3:53am
It was doomed to go off-topic because only about three posters are 'opting out' so the rest came in with their own good reasons for opting in ;)

elliehen, Dec 10, 4:14am
Maybe buzzy110 and pickles7 are planning a Bacchanalian orgy instead of a Christmas celebration ;)

uli, Dec 10, 4:21am
Just tell me where that is going to happen and I will be in :)

pickles7, Dec 10, 4:21am
sounds like fun. elliehen.I don't deny myself anything.
lol uli you're in.

uli, Dec 10, 4:22am
And now people - back to the topic - who is game enough to admit that they hate Xmas and will be "opting out"!

Anybody going against the "Grain"!

Or is that too scary!

pickles7, Dec 10, 4:24am
get a grip of yourself.esther-anne.kno-
ws where that came from.

davidt4, Dec 10, 4:33am
You can bring the goat,uli.

uli, Dec 10, 4:35am
Oh - no problem - would you like the milking goat or the roast goat!

davidt4, Dec 10, 4:35am
I think you'll find that finger-wagging won't get you anywhere in this forum.

davidt4, Dec 10, 4:36am
Milking please.We'll need to protect it from arousements on the part of the naughtier guests.

uli, Dec 10, 4:38am
I am sure she will be very happy on the back seat all the way :)

pickles7, Dec 10, 4:41am
Lamb, please

elliehen, Dec 10, 4:42am
You'll need to invite a few centaurs for frolics and gender balance.

nfh1, Dec 10, 5:23am
That is a really good idea - have just wandered around town and returned with nothing but some new moisturiser for me and a bit of grocery shopping.

I am going to buy him something made of glass - he loves glass.Thank you -thank you - I was beginning to panic!