vegetarians...whats your favorite recipe?

chazza78, Mar 29, 12:53am
just looking for new recipes and ideas for vegetarian meals, if anyone has any favorites I'd love to hear them

anna787, Mar 29, 1:03am
my favourite is vegetarian nachos:
sautee chopped onion with garlic, then add tinned tomatoes, drained kidney beans, 1-2 tsp each of cumin and curry powder and whatever veges you like, I like celery and capsicum. Cook until it thickens about 20-30mins (it looks better near the end of cooking). Then serve with grated cheese and nacho chips.

I'm also looking for new vege meals, do u have any favourites you would like to share?

lilyfield, Mar 29, 1:33am
Mine is chestnut curry

chazza78, Mar 29, 7:13am
this is one i found on all recipes.com, its really nice, i dont add all the spices, and i add things like chives and whatever else i have around... . thanks for thenachos recipe im going to try them tomorrow
Ingredients

* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 6 cups canned kidney beans, drained
* 2 cups water
* 3 tablespoons chili powder
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
* 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
* 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
* 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Heat oil in a medium skillet, and saute onion and garlic until soft. Stir in beans, and mash. Gradually stir in water, and heat until warm. Remove from heat, and stir in the chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper and soy sauce.
3. Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the warm flour tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold up tortillas burrito style, and place on a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, and serve.

barloo, Mar 29, 7:23am
tinned choppedtomatoes in juice, chopped onion, sliced courgettes, mushrooms chopped, green beans, broc, cauli, frozen corn.

Place in deep oven proof dish and mix in 1 tin of water + some, tomato paste (heaps to taste), salt and pepper.

Cover with your fav dry pasta (yes uncooked! )

Pour over the top a thick cheese leek sauce (made with the leek water it was cooked in)

Spread over some grated cheese and bake!

Bake for an hour.

LOVED by non veggies too! !

chazza78, Mar 29, 8:36am
ooohh barloo that sounds so good, will definitely be trying that one

barloo, Mar 29, 7:05pm
Add the leeks back into the cheese sauce.

I always make a huge one here and everyone scoffs it down! !

Its a case of add what you like and herbs included.

Let us know how it goes.

jimminette, Mar 29, 7:46pm
I got the BookThe Vegetarian Adventure Cook Bookby Rowan Bishop and Sue Carruthers out of the library recently. It is a NZ written book and it uses everyday ingredients but really good. I loved it so much I bought it - $35 inc postage. Recipes are set out in Menu form which was helpful. Has a fab recipe for brownie and the ice cream recipe is to die for. First recipe in the book was Fat Freddies Pumpkin and my husband Fred really liked it. (picky meat eater)

nainmary, Apr 1, 8:10am
Thank you Barloo for that yummy veg recipe I made it today - we really enjoyed it. I didn't have courgettes so added a few cubes of potato. I also added some crushed garlic - love the stuff. Haveenough over to have again Saturday yippee for easy cooking day.

nainmary, Apr 1, 8:15am
Hi jimminette, I too have that wonderful recipe book. The menus are a great idea.

barloo, Dec 23, 5:53pm
WoW Thanks for letting us know:)

Glad you all like it:)