Left Over Egg Yokes

stoats, Nov 30, 6:53pm
I have made a pavalova & have 4 egg yokes left over, is there anyone out there who has a recipe to use these up please!

sossie1, Nov 30, 6:54pm
do you have a stick blender!, you can make mayonnaise in a coffee mug, or use as the basis for a custard/lemon curd type thing

lilyfield, Nov 30, 6:55pm

lavender32, Nov 30, 8:24pm
I use the whites for my pav & the yokes forpastry for my christmas mince pies

uli, Nov 30, 8:31pm
You could use them to make a vanilla sauce to go with the pav.
Or add them to a pan full of fried eggs - extra yolks are great!
Or use them instead of hair shampoo - you will never buy shampoo again.
Or use them in an omelette.
Or in a frittata.
Or in a lovely consomme.
Or mix them into your next smoothie.
Or make mayonnaise or aioli.
Or make ice cream with them .

kuaka, Nov 30, 8:32pm
baked egg custard!

kiwitrish, Nov 30, 8:32pm
It took me ages to find a good cake recipe using only egg yolks but finally did it. It last for ages in the fridge and cuts really well.
This recipe is for 5 egg yolks but it tastes really good.I made mine in a loaf tin.
Here is a recipe for a yolk only pound cake. It's adapted from my mom's 40s-era Betty
Crocker. It's called Loaf O'Gold--and it is very gold in appearance. It's a good use of extra
yolks or a good way to get some extra whites :)
1/2 cup butter
1 c. sugar
5 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla
1 and 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 c. milk
Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. add yolks one at a time, then vanilla, beat until very light and mousse-like in texture.
Wisk together dry ingredients. Add to batter, alternating with milk.
Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake at 180 degrees for 60-70 minutes.

elliehen, Nov 30, 8:34pm

stoats, Dec 1, 5:44pm
Thanks so much for all your recipes .I am going to try the Loaf O' Gold recipe it sounds very yummy thanks very much Kiwitrish will get back to you on how it went. Cheers

puss-n-boots, Dec 1, 5:48pm
Check out the thread below "Nice slice for Xmas Please"I posted a lovely chocolate pave receipe a couple of nights ago that uses 4 egg yolks.I always make this up after doing my pav