What ingredients can I put into a Tortilla wrap.

clivehell, Nov 20, 7:49pm
I don't want anything 'hot',just ordinary stuff.I have never used them before so just want simple ingredients please.

pheebs1, Nov 20, 8:35pm
cook mince with onions tomatoes and kidney beans add spices etc so you have chilli put that in your wrap with salad avocado sour cream cheese etc
the list is endless

or chicken strips coated(or not) in a spicey flour mixture or breadcrumbs to make them crunchy- cooked then added to tortillas again with salad or salsa

ruby19, Nov 20, 9:17pm
I spread mine with hummus, then add salad, grated cheese, tatziki & chilli sauce and a couple of falafels. You cna wrap in foil and pop into sandwich press, so they turn out like the kebabs you buy.
Kids love grated cheese carrots, lettuce ham and mayo.
You could make a quesadillas,

rainrain1, Nov 20, 10:53pm
cream cheese, smoked salmon, and avocado

corgi731, Nov 21, 3:44am
salad and chop chop chicken or tuna. yum

clivehell, Nov 21, 5:31am
All sound good.thanks.

moggie57, Nov 21, 6:09am
bacon
ham
salami
smoked chicken

lettuce
cheese
carrot
red onion
gerkin
red peppers

mayo
honey mustard dressing
cream cheese
>>>>>.YUM!-

juliewn, Nov 21, 12:32pm
We love them with a mixture of things. spread large lettuce leaves over the wrap so moisture from ingredients doesn't make the wrap go soft.

Then add sliced hot or cold cooked meats - chicken, steak, roast meats, or salami, ham, etc.slices of hard boiled eggs, grated carrot, sliced tomato, cucumber, capsicum, celery, gherkins, avocado, pickled onions, red onion or thinly sliced shallots, pickle, relish, chutney,fresh herbs - basil, parsley, mint. pineapple pieces, sliced kiwifruit, etc.etc. one of our favourite meals.

If using something hot, place that on last, before rolling up and eating. so it doesn't make the wrap go soggy.

Hummus is good too.

Don't have any wraps! - use large lettuce leaves, layer whatever you have inside, roll up and enjoy. delicious. :-)

nzl99, Nov 21, 6:20pm
Anything you put in a sammie, you can put in a tortilla.We make a stack. layered with things like chilli beans, mexican chicken, spinach, etc all with a tortilla layer, cheese and a homemade tomato sauce between each layer. goes into a cake tin and then baked.Left to set overnight it is vaguely like a mexican lasagne. SOOO good and very popular. :-)

clivehell, Nov 22, 12:48am
All sound great,thanks heaps everyone.

rarogal, Nov 22, 3:33am
Finely sliced lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, alittle sour cream and shredded chicken.