Need to do baking 4 school lunches no eggs any

tishan, Nov 8, 10:56pm
ideas please, we are pretty broke this week i have flour, suga, cocoa, powder milk, milk, cheese, onions, i really appreciate your help

mattdylan, Nov 8, 11:10pm
chocolate and onion cookies!

mike844, Nov 8, 11:13pm
cheese scones or muffins

brish, Nov 8, 11:18pm
Something shortbready, yo-yos, or afghans, cheese biscuits!All those recipes are in the Edmonds book.

marree, Nov 8, 11:28pm
The following taken from Recipes thread is really yummy & easy to make.

EASY & Delicious
Chocolate Coconut Rough Slice
Ingredients
For the chocolate rough:
1 ½ cups self raising flour
1 cup White Sugar
1 ½ cups coconut
3 tablespoons cocoa
200 g butter, melted

For the chocolate icing:
2 cup Icing Sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 knob of softened butter (approx. 10g)
3 tablespoons hot water (approx.)
Method
Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 20 x 30 cm sponge roll tin with non stick baking spray or paper.

Mix all the chocolate rough ingredients in a large bowl. Press into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes. Cool in the tin while you make the icing.

Icing: Sift Icing Sugar & cocoa into a bowl, add in butter and hot water, and mix well until smooth. Spread over the chocolate rough while still warm in the tin. Icing should spread easily; if too thick add a little more hot water to allow it to spread well.
Sprinkle over the coconut and cut into squares, leave to completely set and go cold in the tin before removing.
Store in an airtight container.

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 28 - 30 pieces

barterman007 (55 )3:50 pm, Sat 28 May #2

lilyfield, Nov 8, 11:33pm
dare I ask -why do kids need cookies for lunch!

tishan, Nov 9, 12:05am
thank you so much i might try the chocolate slice but please keep the ideas coming as i mite make a few things thank you again

jennyfenny1, Nov 9, 12:21am
pinwheel scones:
either sweet (cinnamon, sugar, rasins etc)
OR savory (cheese, onion, vegemite/marmite)

kiwirose1, Nov 9, 2:18am
Go to the Chelsea page and look up Egg and dairy free chocolate fudge cake

roxursox, Nov 9, 2:46am
do you have butter and golden syrup and baking soda !

if so you could make hokey pokey biscuits too

buzzy110, Nov 9, 5:24am
Don't dare ask or you will bring the wrath of many angry women raining down upon your head. Don't ask me either but apparently biscuits and baking are vital to children's well being, good health, vitality and dental hygiene or probably, and this is also likely, so they won't get bullied at school. Or maybe it is so that they will have something to trade with those children who get given great food but would prefer home baking. Lol.

vmax2, Nov 9, 6:34am
Next time you're at the supermarket instead of buying baking items buy a bag of carrots, some chicken nibbles, eggs, cheese, fruit.All good things to snack on.My kids don't get baking unless it's a birthday.Some of my children don't even get fruit in their lunchbox.

speedy_11, Nov 9, 6:38am
Eggless Chocolate Cake

1 1/2 Cups Flour1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Sugar 2 Teaspoon Golden Syrup
1 Tablespoon Cocoa 125g Butter
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda

Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking powder with half the milk.Warm remaining half milk with golden syrup, butter, and baking soda.Combine the two mixtures.Bake for 1/2 to 3/4 hour at 200 degrees.

kinna54, Nov 9, 8:39am
Any cornflakes. you could make afghans,maybe hokey pokey biscuits.
I bake as it's the only treat I get, and fills gaps, I try to make healthy things, but at the cost of fresh veges and fruit, they are sometimes a luxury that has to be rationed, if I can supplement those with a few other things to fill tummies I do.
I believe we eat as balanced a diet as we can afford, and if that includes some home baking, so be it.

elliehen, Nov 9, 9:32am
Fixed your broken links, jessie ;)

kinna54, Nov 10, 8:22am
another great "filler" for tummies, to packin school lunches is cheese and onion bread cases. A good way of using up any stale bread, and can be eaten hot or cold.