Annabel Langbein

Page 3 / 3
mattdylan, Nov 9, 10:28pm
I am tossing up between her Free Range Cook or the city one - can anyone confirm which is better! It's on my Christmas wishlist!

sam284, Nov 9, 11:54pm
I made the pot braised chicken with shitake mushrooms from her new book.it was a huge hit

jennie5963, Nov 11, 12:59am
If any of you are Chch way, Emma's at Oxford has all the copies in her store signed.

elliehen, Nov 11, 1:07am
Could you please give a link to your website!

meegs35, Nov 11, 6:38am
I have also made the Lemon Coconut Cake which was fantastic. I made a half recipe and did it in a 23cm tin.

eastie3, Nov 11, 7:33am
I met her at a Ruth Pretty cooking school day a few years back.She was just as engaging in real life as she is on tv,very funny and full of great anecdotes and of course,cooked fabulous food.She was friendly and chatted away quite happily to us.I have been a firm fan of herfoodfor many years now.

samboy, Nov 11, 9:50pm
she is going to have an evening at Paper Plus in Coastlands, Paraparaumu for Mycard holders, 7pm with nibbles and drinks $10 a ticket.

samboy, Nov 11, 9:59pm
this isnt from Annabel Langbeins book but it is very very scrummy

STUFFED EGGPLANT

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium eggplants, cut in half lengthwise and hollowed out to 1/4 inch flesh rim
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon dried oregano
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
2 cups tomato sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Roughly chop eggplant centers, and add to pan with onion, garlic, oregano, and pepper. Cook and stir until lightly browned. Spoon mixture back into eggplant, and sprinkle each with Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and parsley. Place in a shallow baking dish, and cover with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until eggplant is fork-tender and cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately.

kellybme, Nov 15, 5:30pm
Would someone be able to post the recipe for strawberry cloud cake, many thanks

meegs35, Nov 16, 7:53am
The carrot cake for a crowd is fantastic too. Made it for work and it was gone within an hour!

seniorbones, Nov 16, 4:36pm
I too made the lemon coconut cake I thought her looked thin so thought I would use my 26cm tin and it would be 'thicker' but you definately need a 30cm tin, lucky I had the forsight to put a trade under it as it did spill over but it is devine, the icing was like coconut ice.I would definately make it again when I can afford $51 for the tin!

skye7, Nov 16, 8:39pm
Both books are fantastic. I would suggest you look at both of them, perhaps borrow from the library to aid in your decision.

Free range is making everything from scratch and set in a rural setting, whereas the city book is about bringing home gardening and cooking to the city.

brian, Dec 11, 9:10am
I found that link to http://www.bookish.co.nz to be broken the link should be :

http://www.bookish.co.nz/compare-prices-for-a-book.aspx?isbn13=9780958266857&title=ISBNSearch