Annabel Langbein

Page 2 / 3
lyl_guy, Oct 16, 3:53am
fishpond have put their price up to $51.18 since yesterday!Will wait for it to be available at amazon UK.

thesmiths9, Oct 16, 6:17am
Can anyone confirm which book has the recipe for A sweet thatsamde with Hazlenuts, Dark and white chocolate. I saw it on TV recently and missed writing down the recipe or which series it was on. thanks

turtlet, Oct 16, 6:26am
Is it Expresso hazelnut ripple! Was in the tv series and can be found with a google search.

griffo4, Oct 16, 7:10am
l bought mine yesterday on Fishpond for $43.97 with free shipping and l also bought Julie Le Clerc's Favourite Cakes book as well both cost $87.30
Has anyone else bought Julie Le Clerc's new book!

meegs35, Oct 16, 8:11pm
I have got both Annabel and Julie Le Clerc's book. I have been waiting for them to be released for what seems like a lifetime. I wish I ahd looked on fishpond though as I paid $50 each for my books. Never to mind I know I will use them a lot. Yesterday I made Annabel's chocolate chip cookies (1/2 of the recipe) and they are fantastic. I have also made the chocolate coconut ice slice (also good) and tonight i am going to make the chilli chicken. For a lunch with my friend on Wed I'm going to do one of her salad or noodle dishes and for after the chocolate lamington cake from Julie's book. I would love to hear how some of the other recipes go from these books so please post if you have made something.

supercook, Oct 16, 11:38pm
I had a sneeky look at Annabel's new book some great recipes.

artkat, Oct 17, 3:28am
ginger Chilli sweet and sour chicken is on the menu for tea tonight

meegs35, Oct 17, 5:40am
I just made the Ginger Chilli sweet and sour chicken and it is delicious! Really lovely with rice and vegetables.I did roasted asparagus and steamed bok choy with sesame oil and oyster sauce. Well worth making. Anyone else made anything from her new book!

artkat, Oct 17, 7:17am
I can say the Ginger Chilli sweet and sour chicken was a success in our house too. Only variation to the recipe was that I found mty fish sauce bottle was empty so that was omitted

sandra25, Oct 17, 7:47am
Grab Annabel Langbein's book when you see it because the distributor had more orders than copies printed so may seel out fast. 'Small' reprint due end of November, then none until next year!

skye7, Oct 17, 8:03am
Big success at my house. We enjoyed the stuffed eggplant over the weekend and the courgette fritters. Loving the impulse purchase,

seniorbones, Oct 17, 8:58am
The slice with glazed ginger is devine, my grandson nearly ate the lot I was surprised he like ginger, also the fruit loaf is the best and keeps well but I got these out of the aww mag, also the scones with rocket in them are easy but I used spinach. I have ordered the book from santa but dont think I can wait lol.

skye7, Oct 17, 9:18am
I understand she (Annabel) is doing another TV show based on her new book, does anyone know when this is going to be scened!

meegs35, Oct 17, 8:59pm
I was eyeing up that stuffed eggplant so may have to give it a go while eggplant is reasonably priced.

aof, Oct 18, 8:32am
it's in Free Range Cookp244 Expresso Hazelnut Ripple

thesmiths9, Oct 19, 4:50am
'
Thank you so much yes that's the one.

artkat, Oct 19, 6:32am
Stuffed eggplants were sort of successful in our house. i loved them, DH and No 1 teenage boy ate them with no complaint but No 2 teenage boy is complaining long and loud!

griffo4, Oct 19, 6:49am
l am waiting for mine to arrive but l have drooled my way through Julie Le Clerc's favourite cakes and have a list of ones l want to make and l can't wait for Annabel's to come
l had ordered Annabel's one as a birthday gift but with all the good reviews on here l might have to keep it for me :-))

meegs35, Oct 19, 6:36pm
I guess a teenage boy and vegetarian/eggplant may not go together so well. I think they sound lovely! I made the Salmon Noodle Bowl for a friend and I to have for lunch yesterday. It took about 5-10 mins (all up including waiting for the water to boil to cook the noodles) and was really delicious. A definite make again. Easy and tasty!

artkat, Oct 22, 7:27pm
Another successful recipe - Malaysian fish laksa. It was supposed to serve 4 but if I cook some more udon noddles we will have enough for lunch today. Yum!

aof, Oct 24, 5:35am
Tick for- Mushroom & Chicken Tom Yum- have just made this and it is quick, easy and delicious.

blou, Oct 25, 8:40am
I have made the A LStrawberry Cloud cake yummo and the Fresh Spring rolls amazing value makesso many for really so little x alos have made the choc cake and the pork belly

elliehen, Oct 25, 10:24am
x1
Would a kind soul please post the stuffed eggplant recipe!

lyl_guy, Oct 28, 3:37am
I just met A.L at St Lukes!I hardly ever go there but went on the spur of the moment - she was signing her new book.No one was at the desk so I went and had a quick chat, lol. and bought the book of course!She wrote in it "For M******** with best wishes to a wonderful cook!Enjoy!Annabel Langbein"I had to laugh, lol, she has no idea how I cook, haha. Anyway, she's beautiful, and very slim. I wonder how, with all that lovely food around!I gushed like a schoolgirl and told her I have all her other books - she asked me if I used them, and I could honestly say "Yes!"

sikofstuf, Oct 29, 5:00am
She is lovely. I sent an email to her to ask about publishing cookbooks- as I'm forever being asked about my cake recipes. her PA emailed me back with a really lovely letter to help me on my way, and added that she and Annabel had spent a fair while looking at my website and admiring my cakes! I was so chuffed, as coming from her- that is very high praise. She comes accross as a really lovely, genuine lady. I just love her, and Rachel Allen- both awesome cooks, and lovely natural presenters :-)