Where o where to get cheap almond meal!

carchic, Oct 12, 9:02pm
Anyone know anywhere that is cheapish! near $30 a kilo at bin inn, Just wonderd if anyone know anywhere cheaper. cheers =o) CHCH also please

pickles7, Oct 12, 9:06pm
Look for an Asian food market near you. We have a very good one here in Hastings, I have not compared almond meal, but other products are very cheap.

lilyfield, Oct 12, 9:12pm
almond meal same price as whole almonds. If you can't find it- grind it yourself. Moshims have it

eljayv, Oct 12, 9:22pm
Lasttime i was as Moshims the whole almonds (which you can grind yourself) were $10kilo and ground were $18

davidt4, Oct 12, 10:10pm
I buy almonds from a local Indian food market and grind them in a food processor.The resulting almond meal has more flavour as well as being cheaper.I normally use skin-on almonds, unless it's for a very delicate cake.

carchic, Oct 13, 12:41am
awesome thanks guys! will look at grinding my own =o)

lilyfield, Oct 13, 2:51am
$14.99 at Moshims Rotorua today

cloudberry, Oct 13, 3:03am
I do the same thing, I buy almonds in bulk and grind them in a spice mill. Once it's ground I sift them meal and regrind the big lumps, then freeze it and use it straight from the freezer so it's always fresh.

bill241, Oct 13, 5:30am
I get mine at the local Indian supermarket.

nauru, Oct 14, 7:38am
I never buy ground almonds anymore, I buy my almonds from the Indian food-store and grind them and other nuts in a coffee grinder.This works really well, you can buy a cheapy one in Kmart fro about $15.I also use it to make castor sugar, both brown and white and grind oats to make digestive biscuits.

soden, Oct 14, 7:52am
Try Toops, I get mine there.