Moist chocolate cake recipe wanted

Page 2 / 2
gardie, Oct 5, 6:06am
Love the sound of this - might just have to try it!

jed, Oct 5, 9:39pm
This has to be the best choc cake I have ever made.It has a nice deep colour, great texture and keeps well.Got the recipe off here, Thank-you mackenzie2.

• Coca Cola Fudge Cake
1 3/4 C Flour
2 C Brown Sugar
3/4 C Cocoa
2 t baking Soda
1 t baking powder
dash salt
2 eggs
1/2 C oil
1 C Cola
1 C of Buttermilk (I actually use trim Milk and it works)
1 t vanilla
Sift all dry ingredients into mixing bowl
Add wet and beat on medium to high speed till combined. Make sure you line you tin with glad-bake if the tin is spring form as this is a very wet mix.
But being such a wet mix it is a moist almost mud cake texture. In fact we used to wholesale it as mud cake.
Bake in 9 x 13 Inch cake tin at 350 F or until prong comes out clean.
mackenzie2 (793) 6:02 pm, Thu 2 Jun #2

mackenzie2, Oct 6, 12:14am
Hey, this isn't my recipe. I got it of TM, and cook it alot,
Does anyone know who the owner is of this fab cake reciepe!

trinity888, Oct 6, 1:12am
.this is the most wicked rich CHOCOLATE MUD CAKE ever. Very fudgy, rich, chocolatey, reminds me of the *Chocolate Cake Company Ltd* fudgy muddy cakes. Great for kids, who eat it all straight away. I also use a much wider tin 26-28cm tin, so the cake cooks in half the time. Just check it with a hot knife. I also change the Ganache icing recipe to 200grams of Cadbury milk chocolate for a better flavour. Dark chocolate for icing is horrible. A great thick base if making designer fondant cakes too.

250g butter, cubed
200g dark chocolate, broken into squares (see tip)
2 cups sugar
1 1/3 cups hot water
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup each: flour, self-raising flour
¼ cup cocoa
3 eggs, lightly beaten

Ganache
200g dark chocolate, chopped
200ml cream

Preheat the oven to 160ºC. Line the base of a 22cm round baking pan with baking paper. Spray the sides with oil and dust lightly with flour.

Place the butter, chocolate, sugar and water in a saucepan and stir over a low heat for 3-4 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and all the ingredients are combined. Stir in the vanilla essence and set aside for 20 minutes to cool.

Meanwhile, sift the flours and cocoa into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.

Pour in the cooled liquid and, using a large whisk, mix all the ingredients until they are well combined and the mixture is smooth. Mix in the lightly beaten eggs.

Pour the mud cake mixture into the prepared pan and bake for about 1¼ hours, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean (or fudgy). Cover the cake with a clean tea towel and leave it in the pan to cool.

To make the ganache, place the chopped chocolate into a bowl. Heat the cream until just before it comes to a boil. Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir gently until combined. Leave at room temperature until the ganache has reached a spreadable consistency. Smooth generously over the top and sides of the cake.

Serves 16.

bev00, Nov 26, 8:16am
Chocolate Fudge cake
n a large pot melt 250g butter with 2 1/2c sugar and 3/4c cocoa. When liquid, but not bubbling, take off the heat and stir in 2t vanilla and 4 eggs, one at a time. Sift in 1 1/2c flour and 2t baking powder. Stir until smooth. Pour into a lined slice tin and bake at 160-170C until the centre has just set. This makes a very fudgy slice. No icing needed. My kids like putting choc buttons on top before putting in the oven. You could put anything in - nuts, chocolate, swirl through some fruit conserve or jam, anything!
Posted by bisloy

pheebs1, Nov 26, 11:20pm
the best ever has to be hooksies64 cake
i make it at least twice a month and yesterday into 56 cupcakes
1 large bowl all in wizz-easy!
3.5 cup plain flour
3.5 cup sugar
1.5 cup cocoa
4 eggs
1tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
2 cups milk
1 cup oil
1tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp baking powder

2cups of boiling water at the end

throw it all in a huge bowl, use a electri mixer or hand mixer and wizz till smooth
then add 2 cups boiling water wizz again_ its a very runny mix

pour into 2 large cake tins (sometimes a loaf tin as well)
or a roasting dish and bake 150 fan for an hour
or 160 for 15 mins does cupcakes and lots of them!

perfect with chocolate buttercream icing
125 soft butter
3 cups icing sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder(or more if you like)
2-4 tbsp milk
1/4 tsp vanilla ess
wizz till pale fluffy and for cupcakes pipe on and sprinkle with chopped white or dark choc
yum!