Wellington slice recipe

nieghnow, Sep 6, 12:10am
Does anyone have a recipe for Wellington slice, please. I remember it as a chocolate base and top and in the middle a thick coconut layer. Ive googled but what comes up dosent seem to be what Im looking for. Thank you for any help. :)

nieghnow, Sep 6, 3:32am
thank you very much lx4000. Ive read the recipe and it seems that i might have the name wrong. The one Im trying to find dosent have caramel and does have a thick coconut middle. the search goes on!

lx4000, Sep 6, 3:48am
is the base and bottom the same nieghnow!

lx4000, Sep 6, 3:50am
x1

nieghnow, Sep 6, 10:37pm
lx4000, you are a gem! Thank you very much for going to the trouble to find this for me.

lx4000, Sep 6, 11:45pm
:) No probs. Looks goood and might try it myself:)

I googled "chocolate coconut slice" then clicked on "images".then you have a pic to see if it looks like what your looking for:)

guest, Jun 18, 11:07am
Do you still want the Wellington slice recipe? I had it as a child and LOVED it. I just found the recipe in an old book - it has the classic chocolate crackle top and bottom, only it uses cornflakes instead of rice bubbles and in the middle is a delicious caramel made with condensed milk, butter, brown sugar etc. SO NICE. The coconut is in the chocolate layer. Katie

guest, Jun 18, 11:09am
Oh sorry I see you wanted a different (but equally decadent and lethal) slice!

margaret, Sep 17, 4:40am
I think this might be the one your after, if not try it....amazing...

Filling
120 gramsButter
1 tinCondensed milk
2 Eggs; beaten
1 cupBrown sugar
4 tablespoonsGolden syrup
Base/Top
500 gramsKremelta
8 teaspoonsCocoa; heaping
2 cupsIcing sugar
8 cupsCorn flakes
2 cupsCoconut
.Wellington Slice Preparation
For the Filling: Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.

For the Base/Top: grease a baking tray put 3/4 of mixture on base, pour filling over base, cover filling with the rest of the base/top mixture.

Put in refrigerator and cut into slices once set