Melt and Mix Banana Cake . !

tammiraven, Sep 3, 1:30am
Im away from home at the moment so I dont have the recipe . I got it off here ages ago . its fathers day and dad loves Banana Cake . anyone!

shellz213, Sep 3, 1:48am
This is the recipe I use for banana cake.Didn't get the recipe off here but it is so, so simple and easy to make.

150 grams butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed banana
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons milk
lemon icing

Melt butter in a mixer bowl in the microwave or over hot water.Add sugar, eggs and mashed banana.Mix on low speed to combine.Sift in flour and baking powder.Dissolve baking soda in milk and add to mixer bowl.Beat on low speed to combine.Pour mixture into 20 cm round cake tin.Bake at 180C for 50 -55 mins.

harrislucinda, Sep 3, 3:56am
my1isjustasquick
1cupcastersugar11/2cupsselfraisingflour
1cupmashedbanana1tspvaness
1/2 cup coconut1/2cupcoconutmilkijustusedmilk
2eggsbeaten125 grmmeltedbutter

placeallin abowlthenmixinbutterstirwellbakeingreasetin1 hrdepending on thesizeoftinyouuse

gardie, Sep 4, 12:51am
Thanks for this recipe - I have made one and have it cooling on the bench.The coconut milk inspired me - I actually used coconut cream and then used the remainder to make my pink lady cake.My original recipe has creamed butter and sugarI did the melted butter, mixed in eggs till blended then the milk/cream.Will be interesting to see what difference it makes to the texture.Two cakes cooling on bench.

kiwigoldie, Sep 4, 2:17am
the mix and melt banana cake.

It can all be done into the pot! Melt 150g butter. Add 3/4 c sugar, 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla essence. Mix well.
Sift 2c flour, 2tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda on top of melted ingredients in the pot.
Mix and add 1/2 c milk and 1c (about 2) mashed bananas.
Pour into well greased and lined 20cm ring tin
Bake at 180 C for 30-40 mins (check after 30 so it doesn’t go for too long and dry out)
This keeps really well and actually gets moister after a few days.

supercook, Sep 4, 2:36am
I use the same recipe super simple great results everytime.

gardie, Sep 4, 5:47am
Absolutely devine!I think this may be my 'taking plate' from now on.We grow bananas so I usually have some in the freezer so now I'll have to started buying coconut cream when its on special.

daleaway, Sep 5, 1:07am
This is the version I made yesterday and it is soooo tasty and tender:

In a bowl mix :
2 beaten eggs
150g melted butter
1/4 cup milk
1tsp coconut essence
Stir in :
I cup mashed banana
I scant cup castor sugar
Sift in:
2 cups SR flour

Cook at 180C for about 40 minutes - I used a sprayed springform round tin.
Iced with lemon icing sprinkled with grated dark chocolate.
(One family member likes the flavour of coconut but can't deal with the desiccated bits of it, so the essence is a useful compromise.)

harrislucinda, Sep 5, 2:33am
thatsgoodto heariwilltry againwiththecoconutmilkorcream

tammiraven, Sep 7, 6:14am
x1
Thanks . thats the one I wanted . cheers

shellz213, Sep 3, 1:48am
This is the recipe I use for banana cake.Didn't get the recipe off here but it is so, so simple and easy to make.

150 grams butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed banana
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons milk
lemon icing

Melt butter in a mixer bowl in the microwave or over hot water.Add sugar, eggs and mashed banana.Mix on low speed to combine.Sift in flour and baking powder.Dissolve baking soda in milk and add to mixer bowl.Beat on low speed to combine.Pour mixture into 20 cm round cake tin.Bake at 180C for 50 -55 mins.

gardie, Sep 4, 5:47am
Absolutely devine!I think this may be my 'taking plate' from now on.We grow bananas so I usually have some in the freezer so now I'll have to started buying coconut cream when its on special.

daleaway, Sep 5, 1:07am
This is the version I made yesterday and it is soooo tasty and tender:

In a bowl mix :
2 beaten eggs
150g melted butter
1/4 cup milk
1tsp coconut essence
Stir in :
I cup mashed banana
I scant cup castor sugar
Sift in:
2 cups SR flour

Cook at 180C for about 40 minutes - I used a sprayed springform round tin.
Iced with lemon icing sprinkled with grated dark chocolate.
(One family member likes the flavour of coconut but can't deal with the desiccated bits of it, so the essence is a useful compromise.)

bev00, Sep 6, 12:00pm
Love the ease of melt and mix .