Gas stove ~ first timer

mindi1, Aug 28, 12:01pm
After owning my own place for 25 years I am moving to a rental ~ v sad situation / leaky building. Only up to this is that I have always wanted gas cooking and now I will have it.
What do I need to know! Will all my existing pots and pans be suitable!

camper18, Aug 28, 9:18pm
Yes, but be alert ,gas is far faster than most of the other cook tops and you could end up with burnt pots.

kiwitrish, Aug 28, 9:21pm
Loved cooking on gas but it was a pig to clean.

beaker59, Aug 29, 12:43am
Certainly you have to keep on top of it wipe down every time cover pots etc but it is awesome to cook with I love mine, while its easier to burn the pots if you forget by the same token you also have much more control and even cooking when frying etc.

Your normal cookware will be fine.

glynsmum, Aug 29, 3:59am
Talking of gas cookers anyone have a"small freestanding one with gas oven as well as top!

carter19, Aug 31, 7:31am
Love my gas. Simmering can be a problem. Easily solved with a simmer mat available from f&p. Cost $20 and they sent it too me.

glynsmum, Aug 31, 9:33pm
I just would like to know the make of gas stove!not wanting to buy one just yet referring to my last question Oh dear making things worse LOL

pods, Sep 1, 12:10am
I have been cooking with gas for 25 years now and would never go back to electric, it is very fast but after a while you will get used to it, you will find you have much more control with gas than with electricity. I have a stainless hob and it is the easiest thing to clean.

lulu239, Sep 1, 2:16am
We have recently bought a 600mmIndesit gas hob and oven. The top is easy to keep clean. I wish I had a fan forced oven but they only had that in a stainless steel which I did not want.

glynsmum, Sep 1, 10:09pm
Thankyou lulu239 I have searched for ages