International Recipes for kids

benberg, Aug 24, 8:51pm
I'm looking for some quick/simple international recipes to make with my pippins (5 and 6 years old) that don't use huge amounts of milk or cheese most my usual recipes are out cos they have a lot of milk or have cheese in them

davidt4, Aug 24, 9:15pm
I'm not sure what you mean by "international", but if you are just looking for something non-NZ then I suggest that you look into Chinese, Thai, Japanese or other Asiandishes, as these are unlikely to include dairy products.

winnie231, Aug 24, 9:17pm
Kids love making Vietnamese fresh spring rolls. Here's a link to a recipe although I don't think you need to worry about being too authentic with 5&6 yr olds (I'll probably be shot down for that comment!). I think you could use pretty much any fresh veg &/or add meat/fish if you like.
http://www.radionz.co.nz/genre/recipes/vietnamese-spring-rolls-with-dipping-sauce

benberg, Aug 24, 9:37pm
recipes from any other country I need 4 different countriesusually I would do sweet lassi , cheese quesadillachocolate fondueand crepesbut too much milk

buzzy110, Aug 25, 2:53am
Mexican tortilla. Refried beans, spring onions and corn wraps. You can leave out the sour cream and cheese and use a tomato sauce instead.

Sushi - a mat, nori sheets, short grain rice and filling (whatever). Pickled ginger and wasabi optional.

Asparagus rolls (English) - bread, mayonnaise and tinned asparagus

Ciabatta bread (Italian) Do a search. There has been a recent thread with the recipe. Apparently it is quite simple.