Lemon Yoghurt Cake

magwarehouse1, Aug 13, 2:52am
First time I am making this. I can smell something like burning so check cake and the whole thing is over-flowing in the cake pan. It was only in there for about 10 minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why it did that! Too much baking powder making!
My mum makes this cake and I love it so thought I'd try my hand at it lol, I'm normally great in the kitchen, cooking/baking, but this is a complete fail!

fifie, Aug 13, 4:32am
To small a tin or to much B/powder maybe, Alison Holsts lemon and yoghurt cake recipe is just the best has no B/Powder only Self /Raising flour Try again.Ive had a couple of failures with cakes lately and worked it out had bought some new measuring spoons and they are crap, wasn't a true measurement to my old teaspoon at all use jamie oliver ones now brilliant.

lx4000, Aug 13, 4:37am
I agree with too small a tin!

magwarehouse1, Aug 14, 2:52am
First time I am making this. I can smell something like burning so check cake and the whole thing is over-flowing in the cake pan. It was only in there for about 10 minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why it did that! Too much baking powder making!
My mum makes this cake and I love it so thought I'd try my hand at it lol, I'm normally great in the kitchen, cooking/baking, but this is a complete fail!

fifie, Aug 14, 4:32am
To small a tin or to much B/powder maybe, Alison Holsts lemon and yoghurt cake recipe is just the best has no B/Powder only Self /Raising flour Try again.Ive had a couple of failures with cakes lately and worked it out had bought some new measuring spoons and they are crap, wasn't a true measurement to my old teaspoon at all use jamie oliver ones now brilliant.

clifordbee, Aug 19, 5:22am
Can we have the recipe please! x

waswoods, Aug 19, 6:55am
Self raising flour has baking powder in it :-)

cookessentials, Aug 19, 8:44am
My lemon yoghurt cake needs a big tin.

Lemon Yoghurt Cake
This recipe has been in the family for over 25 years it was given to my Mother a friend in Seattle hence the use of a "bundt" tin. Bundt tins are available for sale in our catalogue. The cake keeps extremely well and freezes beautifully. Just remember to grease tin well with butter and dust with flour,shaking off the excess before filling with mixture.
Ingredients:
1 & 3/4 cups caster sugar
rind 2-3 lemons
2 eggs
1 cup sunflower oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt (not low fat)
2-3 tsp lemon juice
2 cups self raising flour
Method:
Beat eggs,oil,sugar and peel together in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order above. Butter and flour a 24cm bundt tin . Bake at 180C for 40-45 minutes. Test with a cake tester. Let cake rest only 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Dust cold cake with sifted icing sugar.

gardie, Aug 19, 7:24pm
Must agree with cookessentials re the bundt tin.It is really the best one for this recipe.