Caramel/Butterscotch Cake Recipe Wanted

winter-rain, Jun 23, 7:18am
I'm looking for a really yummy caramel and/or butterscotch cake recipe to use as a base for an idea i want to try out.
Does anyone have any they are willing to share?

pam.delilah, Jun 23, 9:59am
Caramel cake

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups water
250g butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2 1/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup milk

Caramel Frosting
125g unsalted butter, chopped
1 1/2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted

Caramel walnuts
1 cup sugar
1 cup walnut halves,
roughly chopped

1 Put sugar in a shallow heavy-based pan over a low heat. Increase heat slightly and, without stirring, tilt pan to swirl sugar and caramel. Continue in this way for
12-15 minutes until all the sugar has dissolved and turns into a golden caramel.

2 Slowly add water to caramel and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook
for 15-20 minutes or until syrup reduces to about half a cup. Pour into a heatproof jug and allow to cool.

3 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line base and sides of a 22 x 10cm loaf tin with baking paper. Cream butter and brown sugar in the small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until combined. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add flour, milk and one-quarter cup of the cooled caramel and, using a large metal spoon, gently fold in until combined.

4 Pour mixture into prepared tin and smooth top. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre. Remove the cake from the oven and stand on a wire rack for 10 minutes before turning out to cool. Spread cake with Caramel frosting and top with Caramel walnuts.

5 To make Caramel frosting: Beat butter in a bowl with electric beaters until light and fluffy. Add icing sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, while continuing to beat. Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of remaining caramel sauce and beat until combined and creamy.

6 To make Caramel walnuts: Line an oven tray with baking paper. Put sugar in a shallow heavy-based pan over a low heat and allow to dissolve, tilting pan often. Bring to a gentle simmer for 7-10 minutes until syrup turns a light golden colour. Add walnuts and tilt pan to swirl caramel until nuts are coated. Pour onto prepared tray and leave to set. Break into pieces when firm.

mypeaches, Jun 23, 10:27am
CARAMEL BUTTER CAKE
125g Butter , 1t Vanilla Ess , 1c Brown Sugar (packed firmly) , 2 Eggs ,
1T Golden Syrup , 1 c Flour(plain) , ½ c Self Raise Flour , 1t Cinnamon ,
½ c Milk .
Grease deep 20cm round tin, line base with paper. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time. Beat until combined. Beat in G’Syrup. Fold in sifted dry ingredients and milk. Pour into prepared tin. Bake 180c 50min. Stand 5 min before turning onto wire rack to cool. Ice with caramel icing.

CARAMEL ICING (for caramel butter cake)
1c Brown Sugar (packed firmly) , 60g Butter , 2T Milk(1) ,
¾ c Icing Sugar , 2T Milk(2)
Combine sugar, butter and milk(1) in saucepan, stir constantly over heat without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3 min uncovered without stirring. Add sifted icing sugar. Add milk(2) as required to make spreadable.

Enjoy:-)This makes a firm but light cake.

winter-rain, Jun 24, 3:45am
These sound so yum. Thanks guys. Will definitely have to try them out

rainrain1, Jun 24, 7:09am
Caramel Cake
Cream 4ozs butter with one teacup sugar.Add 1 beaten egg.Melt in small saucepan 1Tblsp golden syrup and 1 cup of milk, then add 1 level tsp of baking soda. Add to creamed butter and sugar.Sift 1 + 1/2 brekfast cups flour, 1tsp baking powder, pinch salt, and 1tsp vanilla.Pour half mixture into a greased 7in tin, and spread with a handful of raisins.To remaining mixture add 1Tblsp cocoa. Blend and pour gently on top of mixture in tin. Bake 350 fo 45-60 minutes.
Caramel Frosting
2 level Tblsp butter
4 level Tblsp brown sugar
1 level Tblsp milk
Cook butter and sugar over low heat for 2 minutes. Add milk till boiling, add icing sugar to correct consistency. Spread on top of cold cake and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.I haven't made this for a while, I would possibly have doubled the icing measurements

winter-rain, Jun 23, 7:18am
I'm looking for a really yummy caramel and/or butterscotch cake recipe to use as a base for an idea i want to try out.
Does anyone have any they are willing to share!

bev00, Jun 23, 11:15am
mouthwatering

rainrain1, Jun 24, 7:09am
Caramel Cake
Cream 4ozs butter with one teacup sugar.Add 1 beaten egg.Melt in small saucepan 1Tblsp golden syrup and 1 cup of milk, then add 1 level tsp of baking soda. Add to creamed butter and sugar.Sift 1 + 1/2 brekfast cups flour, 1tsp baking powder, pinch salt, and 1tsp vanilla.Pour half mixture into a greased 7in tin, and spread with a handful of raisins.To remaining mixture add 1Tblsp cocoa. Blend and pour gently on top of mixture in tin. Bake 350 fo 45-60 minutes.
Caramel Frosting
2 level Tblsp butter
4 level Tblsp brown sugar
1 level Tblsp milk
Cook butter and sugar over low heat for 2 minutes. Add milk till boiling, add icing sugar to correct consistency. Spread on top of cold cake and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.I haven't made this for a while, I would possibly have doubled the icing measurements