Can you bake? Why not cheer

mazzy1, Jun 24, 12:35am
somebody up in Canterbury with an Earthcake.

My party piece is Chocolate Yoghurt cake. I'm making 2 to send next week.

mazzy1, Jun 24, 12:38am
We could all just choose a business or street randomly and send one. What do you all think?

jessie981, Jun 24, 1:52am
Lovely idea. Will certainly be appreciated mazzy!. I am a lucky one with no major damage. It is so devasating to see the carnage that has occurred. I doublt if there are many level streets left.

mazzy1, Jun 24, 2:09am
Christchurch was my home for a long time, and my brother and sister still live there. It all makes me so sad to see people having their hearts ripped out. I can't shovel silt but I can do something practical!

lythande1, Jun 24, 2:37am
Earthcake. You make it then throw it on the floor, scoop the crumbs back up and it's an earthcake?

mazzy1, Jun 24, 5:32am
Whatever floats your boat. Might make it taste better!

kinna54, Jun 25, 12:02am
What a lovely idea! Sometimes just a word of kindness and a simple gesture will make someones day. Good on you!

chrisandco, Jun 25, 12:12am
I think its a lovely idea but maybe somehow just check the business is still open first.Also with streets there is the danger the people have already shifted out so maybe a random name out of the phone book & somehow check they are still living there (without sounding like a potential burgler? )Nice idea anyway & am sure will bring a smile to the recipients face!

winnie231, Jun 25, 12:22am
You could contribute to these good folks efforts ...
http://www.chchbakingarmy.com/