Can you replace butter with margarine in baking?

bernice2, May 14, 6:08am
because butter is so dare I was just wondering if you can replace the butter with margarine with the same results?

charlieb2, May 14, 6:10am
I think you can with some/most things.. but you will get a different flavour

kinna54, May 14, 6:13am
Definitely. I do all my baking with marg, from scones, biscuits, cakes and slices, loaves and desserts.Never have a problem with it, although I use a better quality marg like meadowlea, Flora or sunrise. Avoid the golden harvest or budget brands. I pick up marg on special, freezes fine. Pak'nsave often have 2 meadowlea for $5, or sunrise at $1.99. Just use the same quantity as butter, cream your mixture well.

kinna54, May 14, 6:15am
Ps I don't notice any difference in flavour, prefer it in biccies and loaves, and makes nice light scones.

lilyfield, May 14, 6:20am
I have never ever used butter in baking

jessie981, May 14, 8:33am
Always use butter for baking, but should be ok.

lythande1, May 14, 8:01pm
You mean dear.
Yes, except where you need the butters hardening ability.

bernice2, May 15, 6:08am
because butter is so dare I was just wondering if you can replace the butter with margarine with the same results!

charlieb2, May 15, 6:10am
I think you can with some/most things. but you will get a different flavour

kinna54, May 15, 6:13am
Definitely. I do all my baking with marg, from scones, biscuits, cakes and slices, loaves and desserts.Never have a problem with it, although I use a better quality marg like meadowlea, Flora or sunrise. Avoid the golden harvest or budget brands. I pick up marg on special, freezes fine. Pak'nsave often have 2 meadowlea for $5, or sunrise at $1.99. Just use the same quantity as butter, cream your mixture well.

kinna54, May 15, 6:15am
Ps I don't notice any difference in flavour, prefer it in biccies and loaves, and makes nice light scones.