Fejoa Recipies.

bloodster, Apr 2, 10:38pm
Have a lot of fejoas. Can I make a cake.

toadfish, Apr 2, 10:48pm
Just bumped a thread with lots of ideas

kinna54, Apr 3, 7:32am
I see a lot of people on here make fejoa muffins. I noted it on a "What did you bake today" post. Perhaps someone can post that recipe as it sounded awesome.

lx4000, Apr 3, 8:25am
Feijoa loaf/cake
6-8 large feijoas 50g/2oz butter
1 cup boiling water 1 beaten egg
2 Cup flour 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon Baking Powder

Boil feijoas, water and butter for 5 mins. Cool.
Carefully stir in sifted dry ingredients and beaten egg.
Cook for 45-60 mins at 180c
Sultanas (boil with feijoas), walnuts can also be added.
Ice if you wish with lemon icing
Rub soft butter into icing sugar till it looks crumbly. Add lemon juice (zest too if wished) Beat for 5-10 mins with electric beater. Ice. Zest can be added on top.

jaimeem, Apr 3, 8:28am
Made a lovely feijoa and date cake, it is superb! Will find the recipe for you right now :)

jaimeem, Apr 3, 8:30am
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10639408

But I dont ice it! I find it lovely enough with just a dusting of icing sugar on top of it!

chiquita1, Apr 3, 9:56am
We have made about 4litres of Feijoa Jelly (like jam),Guessing about 40kg's of raw feijoa's went into the making.Fantastic way to use them up as you can use even the small ones.Great on scones with cream and I think it will make a nice marinade for chicken wings/pork.

chiquita1, Apr 3, 9:58am
Have also made Feijoa cake, Feijoa ice-cream and Feijoa sorbet.Best by far is the Jelly.

bloodster, Apr 4, 12:37am
Thankyou, will give it a go. Sooo many falling off our tree.

jaimeem, Apr 4, 8:30am
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm!c_id=6&objectid=10639408

But I dont ice it! I find it lovely enough with just a dusting of icing sugar on top of it!

chiquita1, Apr 4, 9:56am
We have made about 4litres of Feijoa Jelly (like jam),Guessing about 40kg's of raw feijoa's went into the making.Fantastic way to use them up as you can use even the small ones.Great on scones with cream and I think it will make a nice marinade for chicken wings/pork.