Chocolate cake recipe

starskey, Jan 22, 8:50pm
Hi there, i got a chocolate recipe off here for a crowd using water and you put everything into a pot etc...i was wondering if anyone can help me please.It was a big cake and very moist.
thanks

campmum, Jan 22, 9:02pm
Here it is....delicious!!!
One Bowl Chocolate cake
Roast pan size cake
3.5 c flour
3.5 c sugar
3 t/s Baking powder
1.5 c cocoa
1 cup oil
2 cups milk
3 t/s baking soda
1 t/s salt
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of boiling water (added at end)
Put all ingredients (except for the water) in a large bowl mix well to a batter. Add boiling water and mix till smooth bake in the over at 160 for 1hr. you can split the mix and make two smaller cakes or make 1 smaller cake and put the rest into muffin tins the choice is completely up to you. This is an excellent cake if you have a large family or just want to impress people. Gets moister by the day so stays nice and fresh very similar to mud cake.

elleg1, Jan 22, 11:48pm
Hi campmum how are you?Sounds a good recipe,will try it.

pickles7, Jan 23, 4:57am
This is a very nice recipe, I am putting it with my recipes, so I can find it next time I want to make it.

camper18, Jan 23, 7:03am
This is also a great recipe for chocolate muffins with or without choc chips added. just cut down the baking time. I also cut the sugar by 1 cup as I find it is too sweet.

gardie, Feb 23, 4:43pm
Every time I search the boards for this recipe, I swear I'm going to write it down - still haven't.its an awesome recipe though and I think we have hooksie to thank for it (from memory, forgive me if I'm wrong).