Chocolate Cake Recipe

muldog, Nov 18, 11:21pm
I need to make some muffins for my sisters birthday party. Can anyone share a good chocolate cake recipe that i can put into muffin trays.Thanks :-)

muldog, Nov 18, 11:47pm
thats awesome. thanks heaps.

245sam, Aug 17, 1:58am
you're welcome muldog, and here's another recipe that you might like to consider.It's a recipe from my secondary school's fund raising recipe book of 1971. It's very very easy to make and the little cakes are lovely - moist and chocolatey.

"Miracles"
1 cup flour
1 tsp each of baking powder and baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp cocoa
½ cup each of sugar and milk
2 tbsp golden syrup
55g butter (melted)
1 egg (beaten)

Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa together, then add the sugar and mix it through lightly, with a fork.
Carefully and gently warm the golden syrup in the milk without allowing it to boil. Remove from the heat and add the melted butter, then the beaten egg. Add the dry ingredients and carefully mix all together. Place the mixture into patty pans or patty papers.
Bake at 180ºC-200ºC. Allow to become cold then either
a) ice the top of each cake with chocolate icing and decorate as desired
OR
b) scoop out of the top of each cake with a tsp, then add a small spoon of raspberry and replace the top of the cake and ice with chocolate icing
OR
c) make butterfly cakes by scooping out the top of each cake with a tsp, then adding a small spoon of whipped cream and replacing the top piece of cake, cut into 2 and placed to resemble wings. :-))