Double yoked egg

Page 2 / 2
elliehen, Jan 19, 9:52pm
Wonder what are they putting in the hens' food?

uli, Jan 19, 9:59pm
I do wonder how the hens in those "budget" eggs live ...

auckland63, Jan 20, 9:26am
I buy free range. Often I find double yolk in jumbo size. In Japan there is an old saying never to feed this to women of child-rearing age because it will up the chances of concieving twins. lol Of course there is nothing wrong with twins these days but I believe back then twins meant double trouble financially.

freds69, Jan 20, 5:03pm
How do you get on when baking and come across a double yolker? If recipe says 2 eggs can a double yolk be ok for that?I always wonder as if you use a double yolker is there enough of the white for the recipe. Thanks

rainrain1, Jan 20, 5:54pm
A double would fine to use, most likely all the better for it and taste twice as good

jennie5963, Jan 20, 10:24pm
We have 5 red shavers between 2-4 yrs old and last week one was laying bantam sized eggs which I kept aside to boil up for dinner salad once I'd collected enough. Thought she was in a bit of a hurry or lazy!! They all turned out to be yolkless so got my 10 y/o to google it for more info. To his absolute amusement they are called 'fart eggs' which in the old days were believed to have been laid by roosters!! but really just a hiccup in the egg production process.We only got 8 then back to normal which was annoying as I had money making plans evolving within the diet industry!! Hahaha

dkebab1, Jan 20, 10:41pm
I got one yesterday, was a real thrill to have a double yoker poached egg.

lynne1961, Feb 16, 2:56am
I have had a triple yolker quite a few times in my life along with loads of doubles.They are from the young pullets.