Your favourite slice, cake or biscuit recipe

aimz_bj, Dec 27, 10:52pm
I usually make the same things most weeks, lollie cake or coconut slice, chocolate or banana cake and then just some choc chip biscuits.

Wanting to change a few things around and experiment a bit more.

Would appreciate hearing your favs, might give me some ideas to put in lunches! :)

la-shiss, Dec 28, 12:02am
x1
afghan slice, its the afghan biscuit recipe in the edmonds recipe book, pressed into a slice tin instead of being rolled into biscuits. Its sooo easy. Ice when cold and cut into squares. Its a hit, everybody who has it loves it. p.s I double the cocoa to half a cup.

ibcreative, Dec 28, 12:11am
I find muffins great for lunches. I put them in the freezer and just take them out as needed.The Alison Holst ABC muffins are a favourite round here.

jpmarketing, Dec 28, 1:27am
Chocolate fudge cake. i double the recipe add raisins chopped up dried apricots and just before putting in the tin i mix in white choc buttons oh and i put walnuts in . The last lot i made for Christmas i iced with choc icingand drizzled over melted white choc.

lx4000, Dec 29, 3:16am
DUTCH APPLE CAKE

125g Butter
1 Cup Sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 Cup warm smooth as apple sauce

2 Cups Flour (plain, wholemeal or a mix of)
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon cloves

2 Diced apples
1 Cup Raisins
! Cup Macadamia nuts (or nut of choice)

Mix sugar and butter then add eggs 1 at a time.

Slowly add apple sauce and mix well.

Stir in flour and dry ingredients.

Add diced apple, raisins and nuts.

Line a baking tin and bake at 180 for approx 45 mins.

This is the most moistest cake and soft cake out!! It makes a big cake and I always double it and freeze one:)

If you have it, you can replace the Cinnamon with a dutch spice mix called "Speculaas spice" and its just as Devinne!!

(barloo)

245sam, Dec 29, 3:22am
For someone who loves anything caramel this quick and easy, and equally as yummy slice has got to be my favourite.....(and it's a great use for that ½ can sweetened condensed milk that remains after making lolly cake)

CARAMEL CRUMBLE
Very like Tan Slice but just stirred together with no creaming of the butter and sugar. As its name suggests its topping is more crumbly but personally I like it better - to make and to eat!!

Caramel Topping:
½ x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp golden syrup,
¼ cup brown sugar
55g (2oz) butter

Mix all the topping ingredients together in a bowl over hot water for 5 minutes, then allow the mixture to cool slightly.

Base:
1½ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
115g (½ cup) sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence,
115g (4oz) melted butter

Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the vanilla essence and the melted butter and mix to a fairly soft crumbly consistency. Press approximately two thirds-three quarters of this crumbly mixture into a greased sponge roll tin, then spread the caramel topping over. Sprinkle over the remaining crumble mixture.
Bake at 180ºC for 20-30 minutes.
Allow to cool then cut into fingers or squares.:-))

nickyd, Dec 29, 5:34am
This one is easy, yummy (if you like ginger) and no bake!

Lemon Ginger Slice

125 g butter
50g crystallised ginger, finely chopped
½ (420g) tin condensed milk
½ pkt (250g) each gingernuts and plain biscuits (crushed)
1 t ground ginger
¾ C coconut

Grease and line a swiss roll tin. Melt butter with condensed milk. Add remaining ingredients.Mix and press into tin.Refrigerate 30 mins.Ice with lemon icing.Cut into triangles or squares, top with thin slivers of crystallised ginger.

Icing – 1 t butter, softened ; 1 ½ C icing sugar sifted;lemon juice

nickyd, Dec 29, 5:36am
This is one of my favourites- belgium slice flavours - delish!

Lou Lou Cake

125g butter
125g sugar
2 eggs
2 t mixed spice
125g flour
1 t baking powder
1 pkt flaky pastry
raspberry jam

Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs, add dry ingredients. Line a swiss roll tin with flaky pastry and spread with raspberry jam. Cover with cake mixture and bake at 180 C for approx 30 mins.
Ice with raspberry icing and cut into squares.

pp11, Dec 30, 2:49am
My favourite biscuit is shortbread from the Edmonds book, so quick and easy and much more delicious than any you can buy. Scones are a regular for me also, very versatile, quick and easy and can be savoury or sweet whichever you fancy.

Sultana Loaves from the Edmonds book also get made over and over.

I always double up on everything.

kiwigirl252, Dec 31, 7:24am
does anyone have a recipe for malteaser slice as i have been looking for ages,hope every one had a great xmas and happy new year to the best country.

cookessentials, Dec 31, 7:31am

fruitluva2, Dec 31, 8:07am
Florentine Slice

3/4C sugar, 150g butter, 1/2 C glace cherries, 1/2C raisins, 70g sliced almonds, 1C flour, 1t baking powder, 1/2Cchoc melts.

Melt butter & sugar in a saucepan large enough to mix all ingredients. Remove from heat, add raisins, almonds & cherries. Sift flour & bp in pan, mix well. Spread into a greased shallow baking pan
Bake in preheated oven at 180C 25-30 mins. Melt chocolate in a bowl over hot water or microwave.. Drizzle over slice while warm. Cut into squares while warm.

kiwigirl252, Jan 1, 4:12am
thanx cookessentials for that i had it in the uk once and it was yummy.

flower-child01, Jan 1, 7:32pm
I have heaps, and more bing added all the time at brama-sole.co.nz/recipes. My recipe card box has heaps yet to be added. Must type out more and add to the site, it is never ending, I love cooking, trying new recipes, a sheer passion, and a joy including my kids in the process.

tammiraven, Jan 2, 12:29am
bumpy

lx4000, Dec 30, 3:16am
DUTCH APPLE CAKE

125g Butter
1 Cup Sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 Cup warm smooth as apple sauce

2 Cups Flour (plain, wholemeal or a mix of)
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon cloves

2 Diced apples
1 Cup Raisins
! Cup Macadamia nuts (or nut of choice)

Mix sugar and butter then add eggs 1 at a time.

Slowly add apple sauce and mix well.

Stir in flour and dry ingredients.

Add diced apple, raisins and nuts.

Line a baking tin and bake at 180 for approx 45 mins.

This is the most moistest cake and soft cake out! It makes a big cake and I always double it and freeze one:)

If you have it, you can replace the Cinnamon with a dutch spice mix called "Speculaas spice" and its just as Devinne!

(barloo)

245sam, Dec 30, 3:22am
For someone who loves anything caramel this quick and easy, and equally as yummy slice has got to be my favourite.(and it's a great use for that ½ can sweetened condensed milk that remains after making lolly cake)

CARAMEL CRUMBLE
Very like Tan Slice but just stirred together with no creaming of the butter and sugar. As its name suggests its topping is more crumbly but personally I like it better - to make and to eat!

Caramel Topping:
½ x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp golden syrup,
¼ cup brown sugar
55g (2oz) butter

Mix all the topping ingredients together in a bowl over hot water for 5 minutes, then allow the mixture to cool slightly.

Base:
1½ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
115g (½ cup) sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence,
115g (4oz) melted butter

Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the vanilla essence and the melted butter and mix to a fairly soft crumbly consistency. Press approximately two thirds-three quarters of this crumbly mixture into a greased sponge roll tin, then spread the caramel topping over. Sprinkle over the remaining crumble mixture.
Bake at 180ºC for 20-30 minutes.
Allow to cool then cut into fingers or squares.:-))

bev00, Jan 2, 12:41pm
the Lou Lou slice sounds delish

cookessentials, Dec 31, 7:31am