Bestest ever Christmas Cake recipe needed

bombaloo, Dec 19, 1:22am
What is your never-fail, bestest ever Christmas cake recipe please? Mum used to make ours but since her death we havent had one (obviously!!!) and now my girls want to make one. Help please :)

annie.nz, Dec 19, 2:13am
Do you have your mother's recipe book anywhere?Or a printed book with a spattered Christmas Cake page?

kimmie1, Dec 19, 2:35am
I have been using this xmas cake recipe for years and never had a failure :)

3pkts goldpack fruit mix ,1/2 tsp salt,
2cups water ,1 tblsp golden syrup,
2 cups brown sugar,3 eggs,
250 grams butter ,2 tblsp sherry,
1tsp mixed spice,3 cups flour,
1tsp baking soda,2 tsp Baking powder,

Combine fruit, water, brown sugar, butter, spice, soda and golden syrup in a large saucepan. Bring to boil with stirring and simmer covered fro 10 mins.
Allow to cool, with occasional stirring.When cold add the well beaten eggs and sherry. Mix well and fold in the sifted flour, baking powder and salt. Place into a well greased and lined 23 cm square cake tine and bake at 160c for aout 2 1/2 - 3 hours

kevpat, Dec 19, 4:17am
This is my favourite which my mother used for all our birthday and Christmas cakes.
FRUIT CAKE
In a large bowl place 900g mixed fruit, 800g Flour, & 3 t baking powder. Mix well. In another bowl cream 175g butter, 250g sugar, 1 1/2 T golden syrup. Then add 4 large eggs, lemon ess, 3 t mixed spice, 3/4 t cinnamon and mix well. Add milk to mix if necessary. Add wet ingreds to dry. Place in well greased 23 cm tin and bake about 160 for approx 1 1/2 - 2 hours.

kiwibubbles, Dec 19, 4:50am
the Edmonds one is the one I bake and everyone loves it

mikes-one, Dec 19, 5:12am
Here is a real easy one that tastes great. Soak 1 kilo of mixed fruit in 1 cup of cold strong black coffee. Leave fro 12 hrs then add I king size bar of chocolate (200-250g) chopped and 2 cups SR flour. Bake at 160c for about 1hr. You can substitute brandy etc for some of the coffee if you wish.

tinkagirl, Dec 19, 5:55am
My husband is a real fruit cake nut so I thought I would try the 4 ingrediants cook book fruit cake.Well he loves it.

1 kg of mixed fruit
2 cups of orange juice or tea (I used freshly 1 1/2 C squeezed orange juice topped up with water and a bit sugar to sweeten it)
2 cups self raising flour
2 eggs - not in recipe but I think they are needed
2 T spoons of brandy or sherry (I used brandy)

Soak the fuit in the juice for 2 hours (I did 24).Mix all the remaining ingrediants together and put into prepared tin. Cook at 125 degrees at the bottom of the oven for 2 hours. Cool and wrap in tin foil and leave for 2 days before cutting (not sure why but I did it anyway).

I gave my girlfriend and her husband a taste of this cake and they loved it so much the copied the recipe.It is so simple but tasty (I don't eat fruit cake so I have to go by what they said).

guest, Dec 16, 11:40pm
Thank You
I have just discovered my recipe is missing after making it for many years and my mother made it before me. It was great to find it here.
Could you tell me the quantity of fruit that was in one of those packets of Goldpack fruit mix?

Many thanks

Patricia

guest, Dec 16, 11:47pm
My request for the weight of fruit in a Goldpack Fruit Mix Packet as above.
My e-mail is r.p.mcdowall@xtra.co.nz
if anyone can hellp me.

Many thanks
Patricia

guest, Dec 18, 7:35am
Sorry I meant to post that the information you need is on the link above. When I make it I use 2kg of fruit and I get 3, 20cm cakes out of the mix

bombaloo, Dec 19, 1:22am
What is your never-fail, bestest ever Christmas cake recipe please! Mum used to make ours but since her death we havent had one (obviously!) and now my girls want to make one. Help please :)

annie.nz, Dec 19, 2:13am
Do you have your mother's recipe book anywhere!Or a printed book with a spattered Christmas Cake page!

tinkagirl, Dec 19, 5:55am
My husband is a real fruit cake nut so I thought I would try the 4 ingrediants cook book fruit cake.Well he loves it.

1 kg of mixed fruit
2 cups of orange juice or tea (I used freshly 1 1/2 C squeezed orange juice topped up with water and a bit sugar to sweeten it)
2 cups self raising flour
2 eggs - not in recipe but I think they are needed
2 T spoons of brandy or sherry (I used brandy)

Soak the fuit in the juice for 2 hours (I did 24).Mix all the remaining ingrediants together and put into prepared tin. Cook at 125 degrees at the bottom of the oven for 2 hours. Cool and wrap in tin foil and leave for 2 days before cutting (not sure why but I did it anyway).

I gave my girlfriend and her husband a taste of this cake and they loved it so much the copied the recipe.It is so simple but tasty (I don't eat fruit cake so I have to go by what they said).

bev00, Dec 19, 10:29am
christmas cake anyone!

cookessentials, Dec 19, 5:52pm
I use the one from the Wooden Cake Box Co.it is an old family recipe and the nicest one I have ever had. The recipe below is from their site and is for a 20cm cake box. They also have a recipe for a 26cm annd 13cm box.

◦1kg mixed dried fruit
◦250g butter
◦250g brown sugar
◦1 Tbsp golden syrup
◦zest and juice of ½ lemon
◦¾ tsp mixed spice
◦¾ tsp cinnamon
◦½ tsp curry powder
◦¼ salt
◦70g chopped blanched almonds
◦150ml glass brandy or rum
◦1 Tbsp cornflour
◦4 eggs, beaten
◦250g flour
◦¾ tsp baking powder
◦¾ tsp baking soda

Put fruit, butter, sugar and golden syrup into large saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to stop the mixture burning. Add lemon, spices, salt, chopped almonds and brandy.

Stirring continuously, simmer for 10 minutes, then add cornflour. Mix well and remove from heat. Leave to cool thoroughly.

Beat eggs. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda, add alternately to cooled fruit mixture. Bake in the middle of the oven at 160˚C for 30 minutes then 120˚C for 3½ hours. (Cooking times may vary depending on the oven.) Cool in the box

lilyfield, Dec 19, 6:38pm
isn't it a bit late to bake the best ever cake now! The best once need maturing for 2 month.

rainrain1, Dec 19, 7:20pm
If you want to make a small easy cake, the recipe on the back of the Tasti Mixed Fruit packet is a good one.I used chopped dried apricots in place of peel.it has risen well and looks great.the proof is in the gobbing though!

rainrain1, Dec 19, 7:28pm
We never gob our fruity cake
Till after xmas dinner
The reason is because you see
We expand while it gets thinner

bev00, Dec 19, 11:15am
some good ones .

69-camaro, Dec 19, 8:54pm
My husband loves fruit cake. I found this recipe 2 years ago on this site.
1 kg of mixed fruit
2 cups of orange juice or tea.
2 cups self raising flour. Or 2 Cups plain flour (add 4 tspn baking powder).
2 Teaspoons of mixed spice.
Soak the fuit in the juice for 24 hours.
Sift the dry ingrediants, then mix into the soaked fruit, and put into prepared tin.
Cook at 125 degrees at the bottom of the oven for 2 hours.After the first hour, I cover the cake with foil and put back in the oven as I noticed the top cooks a bit to much if left uncovered the whole time.Cool and store in air tight container.
All our friends love this cake and I make it each year but divide into little baking tins when baking so as to make small cakes for gifts.
I keep an eye on the cakes when making the small ones as they cook faster than one big cake.

guest, Mar 21, 3:43am
Dear All,I need help for ICND 1 Exam 1. Can anybody pvoride me the details of Drag n Drop question below:PhisingTrojanSpywareVirus2. Can you also pvoride details on the testlets questions about the following: A) 8 PCs connected to a hub B) Multiple choice questions about security concerns based on show run output of router and switch.Thanks in advance for your help

guest, Mar 22, 12:04am
Guys,Just passed ICND1 with 868 Guys i just wanna tkanhs of all.Though there are a lot of new questions were asked but above dumps & PS4 2.87/3 is really helped a lot Simple advise dont just rely on dumps 1st go through CBT nuggets then practice the dumps & P4s

guest, Mar 24, 12:21am
Hi Rebootis If you try the coupon code SPRING2525 you will also get 25% nicdosut plus all the bonuses + my help on skype as well.Folks below are the coupons that will NEVER expire and are eligible for the BONUSESMAKEMONEYONLINERUSH SUPERBONUS SPRINGHOME CHEAPSTARTSPRING2525 This is a special coupon that gives you 25% OFFIve included a new video in the video above explaining the? difference in coupon codes and how to get the best of it