Fool proof fudge

milladejay, Jun 30, 7:53am
OK so i am trying to find a easy fudge recipe i have tried the Edmond one and ended up with rock hard break your teeth stuff, i tried the nestle and i have what looks like runny caramel. . just want it simple help please

valentino, Jun 30, 9:18pm
milladejay, will bump up a couple of threads for you...

The first one is "Cooking class 101" gives hints on using the edmonds recipe, Think post numbers 108 and 138 mainly but of my head at the moment and the other is "confectionery Thread" with a number of various optional recipes.

Cheers.

threecheers, Jul 1, 2:01am
Never fail Fudge

1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
dash salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Melt choc chips with condensed milk in heavy pan. Add dash salt & vanilla.
Pour into lined 26 to 28 cm pan.
Chill 2 hours. Cut into squares.

kaddiew, Jul 1, 2:35am
I usually have trouble with fudge being over or under set, but made this basic one last night for the 1st time, and it turned out perfect.

2 cups sugar; 1/2 cup milk; 3tbsp cocoa; 50g butter; 1tbsp golden syrup.

Bring all to boil in pan, turn down a little and boil/simmer for EXACTLY 5 mins, no more. Beat until ONLY JUST starting to thicken, turn out into greased pan.

harrislucinda, Jul 1, 2:53am
thereistheicing sugar1thatturnsoutsosmoothwillfindrecipeforu

milladejay, Jul 1, 6:57am
Thanks ill give them both a go my girls love fudge and thinking may save some money trying to make my own sweets instead of buying them

jed, Jul 1, 9:17pm
We make this fudge for Xmas. It has become a bit of tradition for us. This fudge is sooo yum. Recipe says it will last for up to six weeks, but ours never does. It gets eaten long before 6 weeks is up. LOL.
Jo Segar's Fabulous Fudge
2 x 400 g cans sweetened condensed milk 2 cups firmly packed soft brown sugar 250 g butter 100 ml liquid glucose syrup 3 tb golden syrup 400 g white(or milk or dark) chocolate, chopped 1 tp vanilla Spray and line with non-stick baking paper, a 20 x 30 cm, quite deep (at least 4 cm) tin Placeall ingredients, except the chocolate and vanilla, in a large heavy based saucepan stir over medium heat until the butter melts and sugar dissolves. Bring to boil and boil gently until it becomes very thick and changes colour to a dark caramel brown paper shade – about 6 minutes, to the soft ball stage, 116°C on a sugar thermometer. Stir often to prevent catching on the bottom Remove from heat and stand until the bubbles subside. Stir in the chocolate and vanilla until melted and smooth. Pour into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Cool to room temperature (about 3 hours) then refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 weeks(haha yeah right)

grannypam, Jul 1, 9:23pm
Dead easy and a no fail one. . and a no beat one . . lol

In a pot boil 1 Cup Sugar, 1/2 Cup Cocoa (I use a bit less) 1 Tbsp Golden syrup, 125 gr Butter and 1/4 cup Milk. Boil all for 3 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat add 1 teasp vanilla and 2 and 1/2 cups sifted Icing sugar. Pour into greased dish.

marcs, Jul 2, 2:40am
Jo seagars one does not fail and very nice to eat. You can add whatever flavour you want to it. Rum and raisin is very nice.

milladejay, Sep 27, 8:46am
Thanks for this one i have just finished making it and its perfect