Rocky Road recipe

willman, Nov 25, 7:09pm
Want to make some Rocky Road, for Christmas.
What is your favourite Recipe.

I know there is plenty of recipes on the Web. But fancy that someone has their favourite recipe.

Thanks very much.

valentino, Nov 26, 1:50am
Surprised you have not receive much yet but here are some to start with and very simple.

Dark Chocolate Rocky Road

Ingredients
Serves 20
400g NESTLÉ Dark Melts, melted
250g marshmallows, chopped in half
2 cups roasted macadamia nuts
1 cup chopped red glacé cherries
Instructions
Prep time 15 mins
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. place the mixture in a square or loaf pan (size of your choice depending on how thick you like it).
2. Place pan in fridge until chocolate is set. Cut into bite sized squares.

Rocky Road Fudge Nestle’s

Ingredients
200 g NESTLÉ Cooking Chocolate, chopped
1 x 395 can HIGHLANDER Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 tbsp butter
1½ cups (210g) roasted peanuts
2 cups (120g) mini marshmallows

Instructions
1. Grease and line a 20cm square pan with baking paper. In a heavy based saucepan add cooking chocolate, condensed milk and butter. Stir over medium heat until combined, take off heat, and cool.
2. Carefully fold in peanuts and marshmallows, pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until firm. Cut into squares and serve.
Variation
1. Add ¼ cup choc bits and ¼ cup maraschino cherries

White Chocolate Rocky Road

Ingredients
Serves 20
400 g MILKYBAR, melted
250 g marshmallows, chopped in half
2 cups (280g) roasted macadamia nuts
1 cup (200g) chopped glacé cherries
Instructions
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Place the mixture in a square or loaf pan (size of your choice depending on how thick you like it).
2. Place pan in fridge until chocolate is set. Cut into bite sized squares.

Cheers

valentino, Nov 26, 1:52am
Now imagine a Christmas tree with a nice big star on top then build it using this recipe.

Rocky Road Christmas Tree

1 cup cooking chocolate chips
1 cup marshmallows, roughly chopped
1 cup lollies of your choice (anything easy to cut up, snakes work well)
1 cup white chocolate chips
Hundreds and thousands, mini M&Ms, Smarties or other small lollies for decoration

Directions
Using some Baking Paper, cut a piece big enough say about 25 cm square or bigger and roll into a cone shape mould, secure with a tape. Can always cut the size of cone afterwards to suit.
1. Melt the milk chocolate chips in a bowl over a pot of boiling water or in the microwave. Cut up the marshmallow and sweets of your choice and place these in the now melted chocolate. Stir lightly to mix and then pour it all into the mould. Secure the mould by standing it in a glass or a jug or a piece of polystyrene, and put it in the fridge for 20 minutes or until firm.
2. Meanwhile melt the white chocolate in a bowl or in the microwave. Remove the now hard rocky road Christmas tree from the mould and even out the base with a knife if needed.
3. Randomly and unevenly pipe or pour the white chocolate on the top quarter of the tree to resemble snow. Place the lollies in the chocolate to look like decorations.

The star on top is simply cut a piece of flat white chocolate or melt your own shape and add whatever to look like a star.

valentino, Nov 26, 2:03am
Some recipes from posters in the Past and were on the old TM Cooks website.

Rocky Road.
For those lovers of Rockey Road out there heres a simple that saw on tv today that i thought i'd share. Rocky Road the easy way. In a baking paper lined tin sprinkle enough broken up shortbread biscuits to cover the bottom, add a layer of small marshmellows, chopped apricots (approx 2 cups), chopped brazil nuts (2 cups) (or use your choice or almonds, pecans or walnuts) about 1 cup of chopped peel. Over a pot of boiling water in a bowl melt 1 block of decent sized cooking choc. once melted pour over the top and spread out evenly. set in fridge for a few hours. it sounds really yummy. posted by southerngurl

Rocky road slice:
200gm good milk choc, 75gm good dark choc, 25gm butter, 50gm marshmellows cut into small pieces with scissors, 50gm plain biscuits (use whatever you like)chopped into small bits, 100gm macadamia nuts, 25gm raisin. Line a deep 8x25cm bar pan with glad wrap. Melt together chocolates & butter. Stir in marshmellows & remaining ingredients. Spread into pan & chill in fridge until set. Slice into pieces. posted by rkcroft

Gourmet rocky road
INGREDIENTS 300g toasted marshmallow with coconut, chopped coarsely, 400g Turkish delight, chopped coarsely, ¼ cup (40g) roasted almonds, chopped coarsely ½ cup (75g) roasted shelled pistachios, 450g white eating chocolate, melted. METHOD Grease two 8cm x 26cm bar cake pans; line base and sides with baking paper; extending paper 5cm above long sides. Combine marshmallow, Turkish delight and nuts in large bowl. Working quickly, stir in chocolate; spread mixture in to pans, push mixture down firmly to flatten. Refrigerate until set, then cut as desired. posted by pam.delilah

Rocky Road
250g pink & white marshmallows;160g unsalted peanuts,roughly chopped;105g glac'e cherries,halved;60g shredded coconut;350g dark chocolate,chopped. Line base and two opposite sides of a 20cm square cake tin with foil.Mix all above ingredients (apart from chocolate) in a large bowl. Put choc in hatproof bowl. Half fill a saucepan with boiling water. Place bowl over pan, making sure bowl does not touch the water. Stir occasionally till chocolate melts. Add choc to marshmallow mix and combine well. Spoon into tin and press evenly over base. Refrigerate several hours till set.Peel away foil,cut into pieces and store in airtight container in fridge. posted by brianmac

My take on rocky road
I line a slice pan with cling film. Toss over it chopped up marshmallows, roasted (unsalted) peanuts, chopped up glace cherries, some sultanas or raisins ~ or instead of the last two, use mixed fruit to get the fruit and the colour ~ can also use chopped up winegums. Then pour over melted chocolate. Chill for a few hours, peel off the clingfilm and cut or break up. Yummy. posted by mindi1

Very similar to mine. Here is the recipe
125g butter-softened, 375g dark chocolate melts, 3dps golden syrup, 200g Krispie biscuits, 100g marshmellows. Gently melt choc, butter and golden syrup (I used microwave, med high for 1 min at a time until melted. It does cook, just stir after each minute. 2-1/2 mins should be fine). Crush biscuits in a plastic bag and just roughly crumble. You want some bits to be a bit chunky. Fold the remaining ingredients (marshmellows and biscuits) into the choc. mixture. I also added some red cherries and unsalted peanuts, but you can put what you like. Mix it all through and put on a lined try (glad wrap is good) Chill overnight and then break into bits. posted by clair4

valentino, Nov 26, 2:04am
Continued.

Festive rocky road
150g white marshmallows, halved 250g Turkish delight, coarsely chopped 35g unsalted peanuts, toasted and coarsely chopped 75g shelled pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped 60g green glace cherries, halved 400g dark cooking chocolate, broken into pieces Method Line the base and sides of a shallow 18 x 18cm cake tin with foil. Arrange marshmallows in tin, leaving a little space between pieces. Place Turkish delight between marshmallows. Sprinkle peanuts, pistachios and cherries over the top. Place the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Stand bowl over a pot of simmering water, stir until chocolate has melted. Cool slightly. Pour chocolate over marshmallow mixture. Set aside in a cool place until set. When firm, cut into pieces with a sharp knife. Makes about 36 pieces. posted by hannah.daniels

norse_westie, Nov 26, 3:36am
This one is a sure fire favourite for everyone who tries it:

White chocolate rocky road:

Melt good quality white chocolate (I use Whittakers)
Add equal quantities of peanut butter.
Throw in some chopped nuts (optional), rice bubbles (optional but it gives it a lovely texture) and some mini marshmallows.

Pour into tin to set, cut while softish. It is the consistency of fudge - doesnt set hard. VERY nice.

willman, Nov 26, 5:38am
Thank you very much, for all these recipes.

I should imagine I'l be making, more than one.

Another four weeks to Christmas Day. Merry Christmas to all.

docsportello, Nov 26, 6:49am
Bucket of gap 40
Bucket of clay
Bucket of water
Bucket of mixed weeds

Mix all. Spread on ground. Drive over.

slimgym, Nov 26, 5:11pm
rocky road crunch bars
4oz butter,
10oz dark chocolate (I just use buttons)
3 Tablespoons golden syrup
1pkt wine biscuits crushed
2cups mini marshmallows
Peanuts
Melt butter, chocolate and syrup in a heavy base saucepan
take out 1/2c of melted mixture
fold in biscuits
add marsh mellows (usually wait till its cooler because the marshmallow melt)
Pour into a 9" tray flatten
Pour over extra melted chocolate and smooth the top
refrigerate

buzzy110, Nov 27, 4:29am
I made it a couple of times way back when. I just used the marshmallow recipe found in the Marshmallow Shortcake in the Edmond's Recipe book, cut it up into chunks of varying sizes and mixed with melted chocolate. Way back then I had never heard of cooking chocolate or dark chocolate. I just used Cadbury milk chocolate. Nowadays I'd use Nestle's real chocolate melts or Whittakers 50% chocolate block.

Even way back then I thought it was sickly sweet, hence why I only made it twice and then never again. The bought stuff is sweeter again and it is pretty disgusting because it is made with palm oil chocolate. So not only is it sweeter than made-from-scratch at home but it has a disgusting slimy fat mouth feel.

245sam, Nov 27, 4:52am
My elderly Mum does not eat milk or dark chocolate - only white 'chocolate', so 2-3 years ago I made her some Rocky Road and from memory this is the recipe I used although because Mum has never really been keen on them I don't think I used peanuts but I do recall using pistachios which were something new to her. I was assured that the Rocky Road was very much enjoyed and very more-ish.

WHITE CHOCOLATE ROCKY ROAD
from http://www.foodlovers.co.nz/recipes/white-chocolate-rocky-road.html
150g pink and white marshmallows
100g fruit jubes
500g white chocolate
½ cup each of blanched peanuts and pistachio nuts, all toasted

Roughly chop the marshmallows and jubes.
Gently melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure that the bowl does not touch the water and have the water simmering not boiling, ensure that the chocolate is just warm and not too hot.
Mix the marshmallows, jubes and nuts in a bowl. Pour over the chocolate and quickly mix. Pour into a lined 21cm square cake tin and refrigerate until firm.
Chop the rocky road into bite-sized pieces. :-))

valentino, Nov 28, 6:05pm