Lemon or lime cheesecake recipe, please!

pixiegirl, Jan 11, 10:42pm
My grandson wants a lemon cheesecake for his birthday - my recipe is basically the same as #2 above except I think mine has some gelatin in it as well. My question is do you think the addition of say small tub of ricotta cheese would work OK with the ingredients already in there. Trying to sort of fluff it out or lighten it up a bit and if I did use ricotta would it need more lemon juice to set. Thanks

crazynana, Jan 11, 11:38pm
I made some cheats lemon tarts a while ago. I had some shortcake tart cases, but you could use whatever base for your cheesecake. I mixed about 3/4 of a cup of lemon curd into a pouch of mascarpone. Then I just piped it into the tart cases. You could double that for a whole cheesecake. They were delish and everyone loved them. Nice and lemony and creamy and took all of fifteen minutes to do. I generally do quick, easy and impressive looking. lol

groomingtools, Jan 17, 8:26pm
Key Lime Pie is what you want. Very easy to make and delish

chemgal, Jan 27, 7:59am
Does anyone have a good lime or lemon cheesecake recipe? I would prefer one without gelatin.
Thanks!

winnie15, Jan 28, 6:59am

fee1965, Jan 30, 4:08am
Use whichever base you prefer.
500g Cream Cheese at room temp (this is essential)
3/4 c castor sugar
zest of 1 lemon beat on low until smooth.
Add a few teaspoons of lemon juice and mix well.
Whip 1 cup cream to a little more than soft peaks, but don't over beat. Fold in 1/3 of the cream to loosen the cream cheese mixture. Once incorporated then fold in the rest of the cream. Pop in freezer for 1-2 hours or fridge for 4-5 hours until set.
THIS IS A NO FAIL RECIPE, if you over mix once the cream is in it will not set.

fee1965, Nov 3, 11:59am
Use same recipe for lime.