Wild pork

rainrain1, Feb 7, 9:17pm
fillet. what would you do with it, apart from slicing and quick frying. Nothing red and bloody thanks

fifie, Feb 8, 3:58am
No idea sorry, not a wild pork fan. Beakers the one to help you.

rainrain1, Feb 8, 4:34am
Yes haha, I was hoping for him to appear. I've bunged it in the oven now after browning it off in a pan with garlic and salt and pepper rub, I still have another piece which is in the freezer , and I will await a beaker recipe. It was just grazing in with some sheep, so hubby took a shot and down it went, not an old tough thing either, so should be tender.

lythande1, Feb 8, 5:41am
Feed it to the dog. It's yuk.

samanya, Feb 8, 5:42am
I can't help with a recipe for wild pork . haven't tasted it for many years (since I was a kid) . but that has to be a 'gift from the Gods' . landing right on your plate with no slogging through the bush etc, so to speak.
Hope it tastes wonderful

robyn35, Feb 8, 6:35am
can of apple pieces, pork on top and into the pressure cooker for about an hour depending on size of piece of pork

rainrain1, Feb 8, 6:43am
You must have had a bad experience. I'm not a big fan either, but the last piece we were given was stuffed and rolled and tasted delicious. Get it right and it's beautiful

rainrain1, Feb 8, 6:45am
Thanks samanya, same with he wild venison round these parts, they are often seen in the open paddocks grazing

korbo, Feb 10, 4:26am
. our dogs are not fussy on wild pork. Each to their own, our grandies LOVE wild pork, mainly because *POPPA* caught it.

rainrain1, Feb 10, 8:07am
Only one of our dogs Cash, he will eat wild pork, the others won't eat it

westward1, Feb 11, 3:24am
Wasn't it wild pork that put that Indian family into hospital? Does anyone know what the outcome of that was?

serendipity55, Feb 11, 5:14am
they got a big acc payout and are recovering back in india?chechout the environment board.all the crackpots trying to blame it on 1080 poisoning etc etc?

deli5, Feb 11, 12:17pm
I bet you've never tried it. It's delicious. Compared to pork, Wild pork or boar is lower in calories, fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, and higher in protein – higher in protein than pork, beef, lamb and chicken.
Wild pork is a bit sweeter than pork and a has a clean taste that’s neither gamey nor greasy. l

baalamb, Feb 12, 10:13pm
I would find a recipe using a 'normal' pork fillet and follow that. I just found this one that looks delicious! http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/7791/spice-crusted-pork-fillet-with-peach-salsa.aspx
Have to admit I was very dubious when introduced to wild pork years ago. I was converted - more flavoursome but not strong.

gertie, Oct 25, 1:58am
Ohhhh my mouths watering! Haven't had wild pork in years! Fillet I would cook to taste after marinading with some herbs a little olive oil & perhaps some wine or balsamic vinegar