School tuckshop wrap filling ideas

jambicca, Jul 21, 6:28pm
Have been making chicken avocado wraps but now avo,s out of season and expensive also do plain chicken and sweet chilli chicken occasionally do ham salad also roast beef , cheese and gherkin but these don.t sell as well. Any suggestions please

mjhdeal, Jul 21, 6:54pm
Any of these inspiring?
http://wholesome-cook.com/2014/01/07/22-healthy-sandwich-and-wrap-filling-ideas/

Re: substitute for avocado, I am guessing its popularity in a wrap is the creamy texture. could you use a hummus instead? I guess if it is for a tuck-shop, you buy the ingredients ready-made? If not, for colour and creamy texture, you could make a 'hummus' with pumpkin, or peas, beetroot, etc as a base.

mjhdeal, Jul 21, 6:57pm
On that link I posted, I saw a suggestion for "The Burger: use rissoles or meatloaf, topped with lettuce, tomato, pickles and mustard. "

That sounds pretty awesome, and just calling it a 'burger wrap' would make them top-sellers, I reckon!

ruby19, Jul 21, 8:55pm
What about falafel with hummus, salad, garlic yoghurt sauce with chilli if liked. Or a tandoori chicken with salad and yoghurt sauce.

sampa, Jul 22, 1:26am
What about trying a chicken and pesto wrap for the time being? Pesto can be bought rather than homemade and could be given a creamier texture by mixing it with something like cream cheese maybe? Or chicken and Aioli? Garlic Ailoi is really good and not strong in taste.

awoftam, Jul 22, 6:26am
What age are the kids? This will make a difference.

jambicca, Jul 22, 6:37am
This is an area school so from five years to teenagers

pamellie, Jul 22, 6:37am
Chicken is popular with teenagers. Lettuce, grated carrot and cheese plus a sauce would be enough. Mayo, sweet chilli, bbq, satay, cream cheese, aioli are all good options.

awoftam, Jul 22, 6:41am
Bacon and egg with lettuce and tomato and a tomato sauce or mayo?

jambicca, Feb 22, 8:43am
thanks for ideas. A couple there that I will try.