Real, proper, rich, thick, ordinary cream.

steptoesnr, Sep 23, 10:12pm
Can anyone supply a name/brand so I can buy the real stuff that is not just something slightly better than jersey cow milk. I am elderly with no health issues and simply want plain old fashioned real dinkum cream!

davidt4, Sep 23, 10:19pm
I wish I knew!I believe that Lewis Road Creamery will be producing clotted cream at some stage but other than that it seems like a hole in the market.

indy95, Sep 23, 11:05pm
Another vote for "plain old fashioned real dinkum cream here" steptoesnr. It has been a long, long wait but hopefully Lewis Road will produce the genuine article in the near future.

vmax2, Sep 23, 11:05pm
Find yourself a supplier of raw jersey milk and ask for some cream.

steptoesnr, Sep 24, 2:25am
They can't all be as skinny as Homebrand surely!

buzzy110, Sep 24, 5:22am
Why don't you read the labels. Buy the cream with the highest fat content. I am now very, very lucky. I have followed vmax2's advice and now have a weekly supply of the richest, freshest, raw cream from organically farmed Jersey cows. After a couple of days in the fridge this stuff is at spooning consistency. Leave it on the bench for 24hrs with the addition of a culture and I get super thick creme fraich from which I also make butter. I am not looking forward to winter and my supply being cut off, that is for sure.