Chocolate Cream Cheese Muffins!

bexta021, Jun 16, 10:40am
I made these for the first time today, i tried some in mini muffin tins and some in normal size muffins.Both looked good but when i cut them open down the middle they were hollow in the middle where the cream cheese was, which seemed to have melted. Why is this! Did I do something wrong!

harrislucinda, Jun 16, 10:53am
i would have put the creamcheesein after they are cookedso it would,nt meltbygetting anicingsetwith awidenozzelandinjectinini dodifferentthingslike that

falcon-hell, Jun 16, 11:39am
i always put it in before cooking,and have had no problems,make sure you put plenty in each muffin.

chooky, Jun 16, 11:42am
YES, I ALWAYS PUT 1/2 MUFFIN MIXTURE, CREAM CHEESE THEN THE OTHER 1/2 OF THE MIXTUREN MY LEMON AND CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS. GOOD LUCK.

bexta021, Jun 16, 9:30pm
Mmmm yes i suppose felcon-hell i should try putting in more but i did also find that on the occasional muffin some of the cream cheese had burst through the top of the muffin.!!

geldof, Jun 16, 10:13pm
Did you use 'lite' cream cheese!It could have gelatine in it and just disintergrate with heat.

I always do the same as chooky and falcon-hell, and have no problems.

wildflower, Jun 17, 3:10am
Everyone always says lite cream cheese doesn't work in cooking, cheese cakes etc but it's all I've ever used and I've never had any problems with it in anything.I use Country Goodness usually or Tararua lite.

freerider5, Jun 17, 5:16am
Have found the Tararua lite has become super soft so have gone back to use normal spreadable cream cheese for these muffins and I also put half mix in and then cream cheese and then fill rest of mix on top.

bexta021, Jun 17, 6:11am
I used normal cream cheese, not lite and half filled the muffin pan then put about a half tsp of cream cheese in, then put more muffin mixture on top.