Pumpkin soup

sanshae, May 5, 5:06am
Hi,has anyone got a quick easy tasty pumpkin soup recipe,thanks.

harrislucinda, May 5, 5:10am
dontreallyneedarecipejustcuppumpkinupintochickenstockaddonionpotatochoppedcunminkumarabaconseasoncookuntiltendermashYesiallsoupsbyjustaddingeverything

ironmonger1, May 5, 5:58am
Cooki the pumpkin while whole in the microwave, then scoop out flesh, save a lot of hard work

fast_or_last, May 5, 6:04am
boil pumpkin add fine diced onions sugar to taste cream and mash add butter + salt if desired

nauru, May 5, 6:08am
I use chopped pumpkin, carrot,onion, potato,1/2 teasp each ground cumin & curry powder, 1 tablsp crushed garlic to my stock.Cook until veges soft, then process until smooth. Add cream or milk until desired consitency add chopped coriander before serving.

twindizzy, May 5, 6:08am
Add a sprinkle of curry powder

dollmakernz, May 5, 6:22am
Spicy Pumpkin Soup
1.4kg pumpkin
1 small onion
15g butter
275ml hot chicken stock
Pinch each of ground nutmeg, ginger and allspice
Pepper
2.5cm cinnamon stick
30ml cream

Place chopped pumpkin in a 1.75L casserole. Cover and microwave on high for 15-17mins.
Place pumpkin in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Return to the casserole.
Place onion and butter in a small bowl. Cover and microwave on high 2-2½min or until tender.
Stir the onions and remaining ingredients into the pureed pumpkin. Cover and microwave on medium for 6-7mins, stirring twice, until flavours have blended and the soup is piping hot.
Remove and discard the cinnamon stick before serving
(I don't worry about the cinnamon stick, I just use ground cinnamon)
Great served with cheese rolls!
Cheese Rolls
1 Packet onion soup warmed with 1 cup of water over low heat, add 2 packed cups grated cheese, ½ tsp paprika, ½-1 tsp curry powder.
Cut the 2 long crusts off bread and spread wrong side (lightly) with butter or margarine. Spread the cheese mix on the other side, roll up with the cheese mixture on the inside,place in plastic bag in fridge for 1hr then grill. They are really handy to keep in the freezer for last minute snacks.
Makes appx 2 loaves of bread.

sanshae, May 5, 6:38am
Thankyou for the recipes I will copy them.

family007, May 7, 2:08am
Easy Pumpkin Soup: 1 pkt King Pea and Ham Soup, half a good size pumpkin.
Cook soup according to directions. Add peeled and chopped pumpkin. Simmer till soft. Mash through with potato masher or stick mixer. Dollop of sour cream on top when served.
Used to make this when on the dpb years ago. Cost me about $4 to make.

vampiriousmist, May 7, 3:17am
Cheers for the recipes guys ! was just going to enquire for a pumpkin soup I am going to make tomorrow. Is there a paticulartype of pumpkin you like to use !

family007, May 7, 3:40am
The grey one!

rose7, May 7, 3:42am
add a zest of grated ginger. yummm

fifie, May 7, 3:47am
Use the big grey one, and try the roasted pumpkin soup recipe on here its full of flavour and very tasty.

eastie3, May 7, 6:51am
If I have time I roast the pumpkin on a bed ofrosemary,add quartered red onions,fresh thyme and a small head of garlic, and drizzle with evoo,salt and black pepper.Once tender drain the evoo off and add the pumpkin to a large pot with chicken stock and squeeze in the roasted garlic.Simmer.Before serving add cream to taste,check seasoningand whizz with a stick blender.I like a chunky soup but the texture is up to you.

vampiriousmist, May 7, 7:26am
Anyone have the recipe for roasted pumpkin soup ! Ive checked thetm archives, but didn't find anything

fifie, May 7, 9:17am
The recipe by purplegonna is the one someone has posted, i use heaps of garlic, and make the chicken stock and freeze heaps for winter lunches, and you can control how thick or thin you want it by just adding more stock. I M/wave whole pumpkin first about 15 mins remove and cut into wedges but its very hot so watch it, cuts down the cooking time a bit and is heaps easier to cut.

rosel4, May 7, 4:15pm
Some people add tomato puree, carrots, spuds to their pumpkin soups.Leek & pumpkin is a winner too.I remember people used to make a white sauce to which they added cooked mashed pumpkin, herbs, spices, with sauteed onions and garlic, chicken stock or bacon bones stock.Others have peanut butter, ginger, coconut cream.http://allrecipes.com.au/recipes/tag-1630/pumpkin-soup-recipes.aspx So many exciting methods for delicious pumpkin soups but only one tummy!

jbsouthland, May 7, 9:33pm
add avery small handful of barley .yummy

rarogal, May 7, 9:52pm
Coconut cream also makes a delicious addition, if you're not watching calories!

rainrain1, May 9, 7:26pm
made this last night and it was really nice for a change.I boiled the pumpkin seperately and mashed it before adding to the cooked soup. Didn't dollop it with sour cream though.I ate it with marmite soldiers instead

lynan, May 10, 2:07am
I second the coconut cream addition! Just fry some sliced onions in a little oil, when nearly ready add curry powder to taste and cook a couple of minutes. Add your chopped pumpkin, cover with stock. Simmer until pumpkin soft. Taste for salt, add if necessary along with fresh black pepper. Puree, add a can of coconut cream and reheat gently, do not boil. Serve with a swirl of coconut cream on top and finely chopped coriander. Wonderful stuff.
Your soup will only ever be as good as the pumpkin tastes and I have learnt to microwave a small piece of pumpkin and taste first. I like it sweetish, reasonably dry.

supercook, May 10, 2:40am
Must roast the pumpkin gives it a great favour