Alison Holst recipe super special macaroni cheese

compton03, Feb 19, 8:30pm
x1
Does anyone have this recipe please!
Thanks

veejay13, Feb 19, 8:33pm
Is it the slow-cooker one you mean!Because I can give you that.

compton03, Feb 19, 8:35pm
Hi ya, no dont think it is, all I remember is that its got tabasco sauce and curry and dijon mustard in it lol.

veejay13, Feb 19, 8:40pm
x1
Turn the slow-cooker ontoto high to preheat and coat the bowl with nonstick spray.Place two and a half cups macaroni into bowl, add 25g melted butter and stir to coat the macaroni.
Sprinkle in three cups grated cheese, 3 Tblesp. flour, 1 teasp. garlic salt.
Stir to mix.The pour in 3 cups boiling water. Mix gently.
Cover and cook on high for two and a half - three hours.If you're handy, stir every hour or so.
Simple, and really tasty.

veejay13, Feb 19, 8:42pm
Sorry compton,the one i've posted isn't the one you're after, but nothing to stop you adding the "hot stuff" into the slow-cooker recipe if you want to, that is if you've got a slow cooker.

245sam, Feb 19, 8:46pm
x2
This one compton03!

Alison Holst’s SUPER SPECIAL MACARONI CHEESE
For 6-8 servings.
250g macaroni, or macaroni curls
50g butter
¼ cup flour
3 cups milk
1 tbsp Dijon type mustard
1 tsp each ofcurry powderandsalt
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp each ofhot pepper sauceandgrated nutmeg
2 cups grated tasty cheese
Topping:
1-2 tbsp butter
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
½ cup grated tasty cheese

Cook the macaroni in a large pot of boiling, lightly salted water.As soon as the macaroni is tender, pour it into a large sieve or colander, rinse it briefly with cold water, and leave it to drain.
Make the sauce while the macaroni is cooking….Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and heat until it bubbles.Add the milk, a cup at a time, bringing to the boil and stirring constantly between additions.Stir in all the flavourings and the grated cheese and stir to combine, without reheating.Carefully stir the macaroni and sauce together, and turn into a well-buttered or sprayed 12 cup capacity shallow ovenware dish.
For the topping, melt the butter and remove from heat.Stir in the breadcrumbs and cheese and sprinkle over the surface of the macaroni cheese.
Bake at180°Cfor30 minutes, or until the sauce bubbles and the top browns.:-))

compton03, Feb 19, 8:53pm
x1
Yes 245sam thats it thank you so much, also thanks to veejay13, will keep that one as a backup lol

ruby19, Feb 20, 4:49am
I make 245sam recipe every now and again, everyone groans, but no matter how much i make there is never any left! I think they secretly like it :-)
The only thing i do differentlr is to slowly cook an onio until golden then make the white sauce from there.

iuil6fwftpw, Jul 14, 3:46am
I've made these twice and both times were a hit! I was getting the checkin ready to go to put them together for a Christmas party tomorrow, right now only thing that is mixed is the checkin and shredded cheese .I randomly decided to throw in a half teaspoon of garlic powder as thought it would go well and give them a little extra flavor but now I'm worried I ruined them or it won't go well with the cornflake crumbs or something. Thought?? I'm debating on blotting with a paper towel to try to get some off now, lol[] Reply:December 15th, 2012 at 8:19 AMhaha! Well, I might be too late with my response, but I don't think you need to worry too much. I probably would've started with just 1/4 teaspoon of the garlic powder, though. I'm curious how they ended up tasting for you. We all have our moments of wanting to add a little more of something here and there. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Lesson learned? If it's not broke, don't try to fix it? haha!! []Sara Reply:December 15th, 2012 at 10:47 AMHa, nope you are not too late, I will be blotting shortly:) I was on a checkin salad kick awhile ago and I accidentally used Miracle Whip instead of Mayo which I don't like at all in checkin salad. I was so mad I may have wasted checkin and ruined my salad, I blotted that checkin for at least a half hour, my husband thought I was nuts:) But hey it worked!:) Agreed, totally should have put in less to try it out and the if it's not broke don't fix it sentiment! Well I'll let you know how they end up tasting, thanks for the response!:)[]