Annabel Langbein Cooking for the Seasons book

60561, Jan 26, 6:23am
Hi, does anyone have the recipe for the butterflied bbq lamb leg done in a marinade with lemon, garlic, herbs and a couple of other things, from this book!
I love this recipe but my book is packed away and would love to make it for a bbq on Saturday. Have searched website, but can't find it.
Thanks for anyone that can help!

petal1955, Jan 26, 6:58am
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=btA9lg9Y2PI&feature=related

This may be what you are looking for

60561, Jan 26, 8:06am
Hi Thanks so much, but no thats not the recipe I was after.A boned out leg of lamb, marinated for 2-24hrs.It is out of one of her older books, say 5 years ago.The Cooking for Seasons book.
Thanks again anyway, appricate anyone else that can help.

fifie, Jan 26, 8:56am

lyl_guy, Jan 26, 8:05pm
I have it here. will post it in 2 parts.

First, the Greek Lemon & Herb marinade:

Combine half a cup lemon juice with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp chopped oregano or thyme leaves (or 1 tsp dried), 1 tsp chopped rosemary leaves, 2 cloves garlic, crushed, 1 tsp salt and several grinds black pepper.

Makes enough for 1 chicken or 1 butterflied leg of lamb.

lyl_guy, Jan 26, 8:11pm
Grilled Butterflied Leg of Lamb:

1 whole leg of lamb boned and butterflied (ask butcher to do this)
1 recipe greek lemon and herb marinade (above) or other marinade of choice
salt, and grinds of pepper
Fresh rosemary to garnish.

Trim meat of excess fat and put in clean plastic bag with marinade.Seal and refrigerate at least 2 hrs or up to 48hrs, turning occasionally.
Preheat BBQ grill over med-high heat.Remove meat from marinade, season with salt and pepper.
Cook till lightly browned, about 5mins each side.
Weight the meat with a brick wrapped in foil or place tray on top of meat and weigh down with a couple of heavy stones.
Lower the heat, cook further 20mins each side, or till done to your liking.
Remove, cover, and stand for 10 mins before carving thin slices across the grain.
Sprinkle with fresh rosemary.

Source:Annabel Langbein "Eat Fresh - Cooking Through the Seasons"

60561, Jan 26, 11:52pm
That's it! Thank you so much lyl_guy, much appriciated :)