Nan' Lemon silk.

chooky, Dec 18, 1:55am
Got this lovely recipe when we did the Hospice House Tour. It was lovely and wanting to do it for Christmas Day, but not sure how far ahead I can make it. This is the recipe.
600mls cream,2/3c sugar, 100mls strained lemon juice.
Place sugar and cream in large pot and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.Reduce and simmer over gentle heat for 5mins, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Allow to cool and pour into glasses. Delicious used in place of custard for trifles.
Thanks in advance.

davidt4, Dec 18, 2:01am
That's a lemon posset; a very old and lovely dessert.I have made it up to 5 days ahead and it has been delicious.It needs to be allowed to set overnight anyway.

elliehen, Dec 18, 2:19am
This is the recipe given to me by one of my family.

Lemon Posset(serves 6-8)

600ml cream
2/3 cup sugar
100ml lemon juice
Grated rind of 1 lemon ( or 2).

Bring cream and sugar to boil in saucepan, stirring constantly.
Reduce to a simmer and continue to stir for 3 minutes.

Remove from heat and stir in the lemon rind and juice.

Pour into 6 or 8 small ramekins.

Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

Serve with a few berriesor a berry coulis.

chooky, Dec 18, 3:20am
Thanks. I knew someone out there would be able to help. Its one of the many mini desserts I'm doing for Xmas Day, serving in shot glasses.

geldof, Dec 18, 9:49am
Snap, chooky!
It's lovely with a drizzle of limicello.

music_note, Dec 19, 9:59am
Thanks for the recipe - sounds delicious

bappy, Dec 19, 7:03pm
Chooky, what other mini desserts are you serving!I would love some ideas for future use.

chooky, Dec 19, 7:53pm
I have mini xmas mince pies, mini bonaffee, peanut butter truffles, raspberry choc brownie already in the freezer. I brought plastic shot glasses from $2.00 shop and I'm doing red/green jelly in 1 lot, choc mousse in another, lemon silk in another, and triffle in another, mini baked cheesecakes(have a jaffa & spearmint leaf cut in half for decoration), and ginger truffle, and a plate of strawberries choc dipped and marshmellows, brought mini brandy cases and I'm filling them with custard and fruit. Im cartering for 20 so doing 30 of each so theres extras. We always have a big main meal and big pudding as we need to try everything, so decided this year I would do all the puddings and we will have abit of everything. I have really enjoyed it, especially going through this recipe board and getting ideas and recipes.

chooky, Dec 19, 7:55pm
Forgot made cranberry/pistachio white choc fudge in the weekend too, and that looks and tastes yummy.

smileeah, Dec 19, 9:52pm
OMG chooky.Yum Yum Yum!

bappy, Dec 22, 5:50pm
Chooky, sounds divine. How do you make mini bonafee and mini cheesecakes - not the actual recipe but how do you make it in a mini size!

chooky, Dec 24, 12:22am
I use my mini muffin tins, takes a while but looks really neat.

kiwigoldie, Dec 24, 12:56am
it sounds lovely, so does it set or does it remain runny!.if it sets, what makes it set!.thanks.

illusion_, Dec 24, 1:05am
it sets, but more like a creme brulee than a jelly. it is the citric acid reacting with the cream that makes it set but it does need overnight in the fridge to do so

chooky, Dec 24, 1:05am
Yes it sets, I think its the cream and the lemon. Its like a mousse, very nice.

kiwigoldie, Dec 24, 1:11am
yum thanks I will try it.i love lemony things and it sounds lovely.