Junior Masterchef - wow

nfh1, Jul 26, 6:02am
What a tremendous series that has been - so supportive of each other.Amazing cooks - I have just watched the final - completely impressive!

rainbowpride, Jul 26, 6:10am
I agree those young kids could certainly teach some adults a thing or two about good sportsman ship

And well really they all put me to shame with my cooking abilities and I thought I was a good cook lol

nfh1, Jul 26, 6:12am
They definitely left me for dead - I was completely impressed with their talent.

bedazzledjewels, Jul 26, 6:40am
It'll be interesting to see what they do in the future.

ibcreative, Jul 26, 6:45am
They were amazing. They were cooking some things I've never heard of, let alone know how to cook.

It has been a great series - compulsory Monday night viewing for my whole family.

nfh1, Jul 26, 7:12am
It has been really good - now off to cook steak and chips - sigh

not sure I have learnt much!Very unadventurous.

antoniab, Jul 26, 8:44am
I know! Those children are the sweetest ever! So so supportive, lovely to see - I didnt like the look of that last pudd though - the green put me off lol

motorbo, Jul 26, 8:57am
i really was suprised it ws great fun to watch how impressive to see go ahead youth and a celebration of something different from music or sports for the young

ibcreative, Jul 26, 10:02am
Me either. It looked pretty unappetising to me. I just can't get my head around a bright green dessert.

nfh1, Jul 26, 10:05am
Yes the green was definitely off-putting, but it still looked impressive.

juliewn, Jul 26, 5:11pm
Amazing to watch the recipes they made and the techniques they used and - to get 11 out of 10 from more than one judge - I don't think that's ever happened on the adult shows..

Great the two finalists both have money placed into trust funds.. and the overseas trips they'll have with their families.. I did think it would have been nice for them to also have something personal for now as a prize.. a cooking school enrolment, a laptop with enrolment with an online cooking school or something - something personal and tangible and now.. rather than in the future and shared.. they both did some amazing personal work to achieve their successes..

And re the NZ Masterchef.. I saw a sign at Countdown last week that they're asking for people to apply for the next Masterchef NZ.. I love the shows.. and am glad that they're going for series three.. anyone here thinking of entering??

bedazzledjewels, Jul 27, 6:40am
It'll be interesting to see what they do in the future.

ibcreative, Jul 27, 6:45am
They were amazing. They were cooking some things I've never heard of, let alone know how to cook.

It has been a great series - compulsory Monday night viewing for my whole family.

ibcreative, Jul 27, 10:02am
Me either. It looked pretty unappetising to me. I just can't get my head around a bright green dessert.

juliewn, Jul 27, 5:11pm
Amazing to watch the recipes they made and the techniques they used and - to get 11 out of 10 from more than one judge - I don't think that's ever happened on the adult shows.

Great the two finalists both have money placed into trust funds. and the overseas trips they'll have with their families. I did think it would have been nice for them to also have something personal for now as a prize. a cooking school enrolment, a laptop with enrolment with an online cooking school or something - something personal and tangible and now. rather than in the future and shared. they both did some amazing personal work to achieve their successes.

And re the NZ Masterchef. I saw a sign at Countdown last week that they're asking for people to apply for the next Masterchef NZ. I love the shows. and am glad that they're going for series three. anyone here thinking of entering!