Saultana cake please

fishheadsoup, Jul 25, 8:45am
I am looking for a saultana cake recipe that is light and stays moist as i need to keep it a few days help appreciated thanks

245sam, Jul 25, 8:49am
fishheadsoup, try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using sultana cake as the Keywords and Last year as the Date posted option - you'll find a number of earlier threads with recipes that should meet your needs.

Hope that helps.:-))

nzbadger, Jul 25, 9:07am
This is one I use & people love it.
Sultana Cake
Ingredients:
450 gms Sultanas
250 gms Butter
250 gms Sugar
350 gms Flour
3 Eggs
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsps Vanilla Essence

Put sultanas into a saucepan & just cover with water. Bring to boil & boil 5 mins.
Cut butter into a bowl, add sugar.
Strain sultanas & add to butter & Sugar. Stir well. (can still be hot) Retain liquid.
Add beaten eggs & dry ingredients that have been sifted.
Add Vanilla essence.
Add ¼ cup of the sultana juice.
Mix well.
8 inch square tin. 1 ¼ hrs – 1 ½ hrs at 150 C

sclaredy_cat, Jul 26, 3:44am
My mum always used a recipe just like nzbadger's one, she added peel to it sometimes. When my hubby was in the army that was one of the things i used to bake and post to him, so I can vouch for the fact they keep well - though not for long once they arrived in waiouru ;)

245sam, Jul 26, 8:49am
fishheadsoup, try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using sultana cake as the Keywords and Last year as the Date posted option - you'll find a number of earlier threads with recipes that should meet your needs.

Hope that helps.:-))

sclaredy_cat, Jul 27, 3:44am
My mum always used a recipe just like nzbadger's one, she added peel to it sometimes. When my hubby was in the army that was one of the things i used to bake and post to him, so I can vouch for the fact they keep well - though not for long once they arrived in waiouru ;)