When would you throw the fish?

amarni1, Jun 20, 12:50am
husband brought fish on friday.We didn't use it that night as planned so I froze it on saturday.Pulled it out on sunday and used half of it.The other half is still uncooked in my fridge,Ok to use? Smells ok, kinda like fish!

tarshlove, Jun 20, 12:54am
I myself wouldn't eat it. If it had been freshly caught on Friday it would be okay. Just my opinion :o)

dezzie, Jun 20, 12:54am
It'll be fine, probably still "younger" than the stuff you'd get from the supermarket, I'd use it today though.

amarni1, Jun 20, 12:55am
it was from the supermarket :)

tarshlove, Jun 20, 12:58am
Agh I dunno amari1 as I know ppl who work at 2 supermarkets and it's not that fresh lol. The pre packed lot is the worst. The fishier the smell the more 'Not so good' it is I've heard :o)

dezzie, Jun 20, 12:59am
lol:( I didn't read it properly first, somehow got brought and caught mucked up in my head.

amarni1, Jun 20, 1:00am
yeah, thats the problem you just don't know how old it really is.Smells fine, I don't really know what to do with left over fish anyway other than pasta.

amarni1, Jun 20, 1:00am
ok, Bacon and egg pie it is then:)

beaker59, Jun 20, 1:01am
has it gone soft and strong smelling if so it probably won't be nice to eat but not particularly dangerous as such, if cooked properly, if you want to use it then curry it or cook well. Its once cooked and left too long that I would worry.

tarshlove, Jun 20, 1:06am
Well I say 'If in doubt, throw it out' lol
Hope some one had a definite answer for you :o)

amarni1, Jun 20, 1:48am
I cooked it and tasted it.:( yuck!To strong for me!I binned it.

tarshlove, Jun 20, 1:52am
lol your gamer than me :o)

amarni1, Jun 21, 12:50am
husband brought fish on friday.We didn't use it that night as planned so I froze it on saturday.Pulled it out on sunday and used half of it.The other half is still uncooked in my fridge,Ok to use! Smells ok, kinda like fish!

tarshlove, Jun 21, 12:54am
I myself wouldn't eat it. If it had been freshly caught on Friday it would be okay. Just my opinion :o)

dezzie, Jun 21, 12:54am
It'll be fine, probably still "younger" than the stuff you'd get from the supermarket, I'd use it today though.

tarshlove, Jun 21, 12:58am
Agh I dunno amari1 as I know ppl who work at 2 supermarkets and it's not that fresh lol. The pre packed lot is the worst. The fishier the smell the more 'Not so good' it is I've heard :o)

dezzie, Jun 21, 12:59am
lol:( I didn't read it properly first, somehow got brought and caught mucked up in my head.

amarni1, Jun 21, 1:00am
yeah, thats the problem you just don't know how old it really is.Smells fine, I don't really know what to do with left over fish anyway other than pasta.

beaker59, Jun 21, 1:01am
has it gone soft and strong smelling if so it probably won't be nice to eat but not particularly dangerous as such, if cooked properly, if you want to use it then curry it or cook well. Its once cooked and left too long that I would worry.

tarshlove, Jun 21, 1:06am
Well I say 'If in doubt, throw it out' lol
Hope some one had a definite answer for you :o)